ordered my slant 80 head!

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Zoom bikes was a little less, $21.45 total delivered.

I have not taken mine up that high yet....but I doubt I will see 46 mph. They look like they are the same heads. Hmm....mine seems to be 100% bottom end gain (nice), but I suppose my bike was fairly well tuned before.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
HEY PABLO, Did you use two head gaskets? also, this is what he sent in an email. he said I would need two gaskets.

We suggest the NGK BP6HS 7331 spark plug

This plug has a longer thread causing the compression chamber to decreases
in volume. Just like the slant heads decrease the compression volume, this
plug gives you a compression boost that equals more power and torque.
Usually spark plugs do not gives performance boost spark wise in this case
it's all about the compression ratio. It is a definite performance upgrade
that is as essential as the slant head

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
HEY TOKER! Who is "he"?

TWO? No I didn't use two head gaskets. I guess that would a be (silly) option if contact was a problem. I'd worry about sealing.

Interesting on the BP5HS plug. From our site:

A true high performance plug for an actual increase in performance. Rarely would we claim that a spark plug will increase performance, but we know if the original plug is defective, getting a proper plug will of course help. The NGK BP6HS goes a step beyond that, with an extended tip, it centers the spark in the combustion chamber and actually displaces volume, effectively increasing compression ratio. An added benefit is with the protruding electrode the plug is even more foul proof than the standard B6HS. Also, the 6 is a cooler heat range for those hard max throttle runs. A really great spark plug for your modified 67cc engine.

edman2478411

Apr 18, 2009
Texas
Yeah most of the new engines don't have contact problems so that's why some people with older engines opt out for double gaskets. Let us know what improvements you see toker_ace!

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I hate to tear into my new grubee because it runs great and has lots of power, but more power is even better. What should i torque the head bolts too?

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
I've got a new GT4 grubee 66cc and my piston hit the slant head. I've got an extra gasket that came with the kit so I'll try 2 tomorrow.
Oh man, you can kiss your 90 day warranty bye bye, buddy! :D
First you redline a brand new engine, now this LOL

Those Grubees are tough little motors......as they say, "once you go Grubee you will never go back"

How are you centering that 8 mm stud head on the 6 mm head studs?

give me a call please.......
Thanks

PS : check out my avatar, new 35 teeth sprockets ......

Last edited:

Ardilla_Loca

Mar 24, 2009
Orange County, CA
Oh man, you can kiss your 90 day warranty bye bye, buddy! :D
First you redline a brand new engine, now this LOL
LOL I know :) I should be a Grubee ad. If I can't break it it can't be broke :)

The good thing is that it was not even close so it didn't even try. I checked it by leaving the spark plug out and trying to turn it over. Hit right away. I put the old head back on and it ran like a champ.

I'll call about those sprockets. Look very cool!!!

Last edited:

justthisguy1292

Jan 16, 2009
Massachusetts
has anyone tried the slant head on a 66cc with a shiftkit? I'm debating between a tuned pipe and a slant head. any thoughts? I've got money for both but i gotta go to college someday