won't run with me on it

GoldenMotor.com

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
Hello everyone! First, thank you for all the info on maintaining the lowly china gurl! However, after almost 4 yrs. of no major problems, now my motorized bicycle won't run with me on it! It runs and revs well on jackstands but it dies the moment i get on it. The only thing i did befire it acted up was run it without the muffler cover making it sound a lot louder and gained much more power. When i put the cover back on, it would start a bit but it just won't "go". Any ideas? Thank you in advace!pino.pino.

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
I appreciate the suggestion MBR as the only guy selling pocket bike mufflers is about an hour and a half ride away from me. Drain cleaner it is!

Venice, thanks! We thought the same as I had the carb cleaned already too before I started this thread. If not a clogged muffler, I would go and check the clutch pads next.
Thanks again and safe cruises to you sirs!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well, you could buy an expansion chamber exhaust and freak out, it adds about 1/2 a horse to the power and pretty quite.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
4 Years?

Somebody has forgotten to mention a compression check! lol

Real good chance it's simply wore out.

...it will start and run, zing up the rpm, make kool noise, but just won't do the job at hand...

Yes, I agree the muffler might be on it's way to being plugged, if not cleaned out on a regular basis... and it takes no more than a bit of lint from a rag, a sliver of a gasket, or 1/2 a grain of sand or scale to influence a jet...
edit 1: Should probably also check the crank seals for integrity... and the main bearings!
edit 2: a new b6hs would be good to try, also.

Best
rc

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
After 4 years, I'd be replacing the spark plug, cleaning out the exhaust and replacing the gasket.

Also would be replacing the filter and/or cleaning the carb out.

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
KCvale, rusty, dodge dude... I apologize for the silence as the holidays prevented me from logging in. Anyway, an update, I cut off the silencer and had a pipe extension welded. Runs good but when I open the throttle, the carb seems to be choking. Is my setting too rich?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
It's likely too lean. If it's too rich it will sort of sputter or "4 stroke".

Google that if you don't know what it is. This lazy guy doesn't feel like posting a video. lol