Hello from Dearborn MI with my cruiser

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Well, I has this cruiser that I really loved sitting around. I had put about 400 pedal miles on it, and grew tired of the single speed for daily use. It had sat for about 4 years since I last rode it. I missed it, and figured it was the best of my bikes to convert for that very reason.

I'm a hobbiest auto mechanic, currently I drive a fiero and a Vandura.

I did have some trouble with the coaster brake and clearance with the sprocket/chain to tire, both broblems were easily fixed. the rear sprocket I reversed, the dust seal for the bearing had to be re worked a bit. I did have to cut my rear fender to accomadate the chain. I'm happy with the results, but realize that my shimano coaster brake although tough and satisfactory, could certanly use some assistance from a front brake. I'm looking into a drum or disk, but the drum would "look" nicer to me.

My only real complaint about the kit is that my handle grips smell so bad. It was as close to universal as I could ever expect.

My bike is a Torker Boardwalk Custom. Pic to enjoy!

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. i moved to the Caribbean from battle creek, mi. great to have you with us. thread is fine. add picture and i can put on your original thread

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to THE Forum. Everything you have done is correct so far. If you need help just ask. We share with each other. Everyone knows some, we combine that and that's what makes us rock. (c)

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
welcome to the forum. i moved to the Caribbean from battle creek, mi. great to have you with us. thread is fine. add picture and i can put on your original thread
Sounds like a nice place to live. My fiero came from battle creek, and I toured the Kellogg's plant when I was a kid. Thanks for the welcome. I've got 50 miles so far on it. It sure takes a long tome to break in. I'm following a method I've always used on cars, keeping a slightly higgher idle, running wide open or closed between 8-15 mph to try and load the rings. It seems to be going well, and my mileage has already begun to improve. I've kept my ride times right around 20-15 min. I'm running 16:1 premix for break in.