Anyone know what happened to AGK?

GoldenMotor.com

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
I ordered a sleu of parts from AGK and was informed of a back order on the jack shaft. It's been a couple of weeks since I last heard from them (Ordered on July 24th). No email or phone replies in the last couple weeks. Any one here know these guys? My entire project is hinged on my order with them (lot's of key parts). I am not trying to smear or cause a stir... I would just like to know what is goin on. I am building my entire bike based on parts they sell... I am a bit nervous now. Anyone, Bueller?

Cheers!

Norm

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
AGK has been very busy...... :D
I am sure your parts will be getting to you very soon.

Affordable Go Karts & Sportsman Flyer broke a world record at Bonneville.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41657

I ordered a sleu of parts from AGK and was informed of a back order on the jack shaft. It's been a couple of weeks since I last heard from them (Ordered on July 24th). No email or phone replies in the last couple weeks. Any one here know these guys? My entire project is hinged on my order with them (lot's of key parts). I am not trying to smear or cause a stir... I would just like to know what is goin on. I am building my entire bike based on parts they sell... I am a bit nervous now. Anyone, Bueller?

Cheers!

Norm

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
Yeah. I saw. I know they are busy. But crikets on phone calls and emails will make a dude nervous. A simple reply of "I am no where near the shop where I can mail your parts out" would set an impatient mind at ease ;)

...and don't get me wrong. Even having these guys supplying this hobby is awesome, especially with the parts they have. Maybe I am a little bit too plugged in or used to rampid and quick replies in the customer service world regarless of business size and out put. Smart phone connectivity can spoil a fella. Ha!

More over, I am just checking to make sure the order is valid, because frankly, I'd rather not use any other parts for my driveline. My brother has the promod jack shaft assembly on his minibikes and it's a lightweight and nice piece for sure!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Have no fear, you just have to be patient ATM......Shane is very busy and is the best in the business. Trust me when I say this, many will agree. And when things are on back order, it's a matter of time and nothing speeds up time ;)

dnut

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
Thanks for the support guys. And thanks for understanding that I am concerned and not upset. Can't wait to share the project with you all once it gains some momentum.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
My nickle,
We all get a little nervous when we lose contact, and don't get prompt calls, but we are not working with wallmart.
This is a niche market. There are vendors working out of shops at home. If they construct things, they can't put down the torch, or welder to answer the phone. Some have day jobs. When you are machining something, you need to watch the machine, not talk. When there are unfilled orders, the first priority is to get them filled.
I've spoken with several people who say they get 100+ e-mails a day. If they spend all the time with inquiries, they get nothing built, or shipped. I doubt that many can afford help just to answer the phone, the phone person would need to know their stuff, and even then, calls will go unanswered as some people tend not to get off the phone so they can answer yours. I wonder what % of the calls actually result in a sale of a product. I'd bet most are just dreamers wanting answers. Of course that makes us nervous when we can't get through.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i got a e-mail saying they wont be ready till the 24th. i've seen the new ones and their a lot nicer than the early one's. if your really hot for a hot rod racer check out jeff's CCC dyno! ready to race right now. and it's for sale! dennis

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
i got a e-mail saying they wont be ready till the 24th. i've seen the new ones and their a lot nicer than the early one's. if your really hot for a hot rod racer check out jeff's CCC dyno! ready to race right now. and it's for sale! dennis
You got an email about what? The jackshaft assemblies?

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
My nickle,
We all get a little nervous when we lose contact, and don't get prompt calls, but we are not working with wallmart.
This is a niche market. There are vendors working out of shops at home. If they construct things, they can't put down the torch, or welder to answer the phone. Some have day jobs. When you are machining something, you need to watch the machine, not talk. When there are unfilled orders, the first priority is to get them filled.
I've spoken with several people who say they get 100+ e-mails a day. If they spend all the time with inquiries, they get nothing built, or shipped. I doubt that many can afford help just to answer the phone, the phone person would need to know their stuff, and even then, calls will go unanswered as some people tend not to get off the phone so they can answer yours. I wonder what % of the calls actually result in a sale of a product. I'd bet most are just dreamers wanting answers. Of course that makes us nervous when we can't get through.
I too have a side project (not as involved as these guys) and all the inquires and emails can build up I agree. I use Facebook updates on my side project for this exact reason: Broadcast messages. But they've got some not so nice words being posted about them on FB now. If it was me (and it's not) I would have made a post about the parts status. One guy sent me a message: "If they can change their Facebook cover photo, they can tell people where their parts are". I am pretty sure he cancelled his order. ugh.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
it is a shame they are so quick to take our money and then go into hiding. i'm really glad they had enough to go to bonneville. kinda sucks. ya i got a e-mail after i called and talked to a nice girl about the 2600 and other parts. they should know that this is bad for busness. what ever happened to honesty is the best policy? well i'll know on the 24th. dennis

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
I spoke with Emily today at AGK. They are sending out the rest of my order, however, they do not have the jackshaft plates and sprockets (as it was on the 24th of last month). It's been a four week back order, but at least now I'll get everything I need to mock the bike up and get it complete sans the final drive. At least it will run...and maybe, even look pretty.

Does anyone else make a drive unit for the 99cc pred?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I know is my back ordered parts arrived last Saturday and stuff that was in stock came the day after I ordered it. I really like AGK......so do my bikes!

.wee.

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
I got the majority of the parts today after I requested they be sent out ahead of the jackshaft. AGK called today and let me know that the jackshafts were due to be assembled and shipped out mid/late next week. That's kinda what I have been told before...but maybe with the phone call and promise of an email with a tracking number for the Priority shipment they mean it this time. The rest of the parts, however, look and fit great. Can't wait to finish mocking everything up and getting it done.

If you are one that is waiting on your jackshaft...maybe you'll get yours too next week?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've been in a job where every afternoon the phone would go barmy with people checking the progress of an order and it ended up with nothing being processed because the damn phone had to be answered all the time.