angle fire or not to ange fire that is the question

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Most of the statistics on the china girls seem to be made up. Raw motors said that their engines get something like 5.5 horsepower, which is completely bogus.

Realistically, the most one should expect from one of these chinese motors is 2 horsepower(if that) and 25 - 30 mph. Sure you can do things that will give it more power, but I wouldn't expect anything more than those 2 things from a stock motor.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
when the slant head was first brought out, i remember seeing somewhere that it was designed for bikes with limited space, where a straight-plug wouldn't fit.

soon after that, someone got the idea that they'd claim "better performance" and the myth began, and that's about all that's available in new motors.

in my experience building really fast bikes, the straight plug head is the way to go.

i've built motors with all the same mods, and the slant heads aren't as fast, plain and simple.

they're also more prone to warpage, as they don't have a properly designed squish band, causing uneven heating, and they're usually a thinner head, too, providing less cooling and structural integrety.

my advice, if it fits, (and you can still find one,) get a straight plug head.