New Member,Suspicious of a site

GoldenMotor.com

wsmuller

Mar 6, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I first want to introduce myself. I am a new member, and this will be my first time building a gas-powered bicycle.

I came across rawmotors.com, and did a lot of research on their engine kits. I also researched kingsmotors.com, Gas Bike, and Bike Berry, and I found similar engine kits as Raw.

Anyway, what strikes me as odd is Raw Motors' website. It just looks too plain.

All of the other vendors have references at the bottom of their pages (e.g. secure-shopping seals, verified merchant seals, etc). Raw doesn't have any of these, ****', they don't even have a "secure PayPal" checkout option when you go to checkout.

Can anyone clue me in on Raw Motors? And if they're a legit company?

Furthermore, Gas Bike was/is apparently a vendor for Raw, but the only Raw products on gasbike.com are discontinued. What's up with all that?
:confused:

RawMotors.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I first want to introduce myself. I am a new member, and this will be my first time building a gas-powered bicycle.

I came across rawmotors.com, and did a lot of research on their engine kits. I also researched kingsmotors.com, Gas Bike, and Bike Berry, and I found similar engine kits as Raw.

Anyway, what strikes me as odd is Raw Motors' website. It just looks too plain.

All of the other vendors have references at the bottom of their pages (e.g. secure-shopping seals, verified merchant seals, etc). Raw doesn't have any of these, ****', they don't even have a "secure PayPal" checkout option when you go to checkout.

Can anyone clue me in on Raw Motors? And if they're a legit company?

Furthermore, Gas Bike was/is apparently a vendor for Raw, but the only Raw products on gasbike.com are discontinued. What's up with all that?
:confused:

RawMotors.com
Welcome to the forum.....that sounds like a raw deal! Someone is sure to chime in on this for ya, I haven't dealt with any of them because I'm in California and they don't ship here....go figure.

Hang around and enjoy the ride, help is on the way!

dnut

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
never heard of raw motors before. the raw and jet motors are getting hard to find, the grubee's have just about taken over the world, beware of kings and gas bike, there the same seller and have no customer service at all, most people get good kits from them, but if your one of the one's that don't, your stuck with what you get, can't even get them on the phone and they don't answer emails.

demac

Mar 8, 2010
Canada, Ontario, Brampton
camlifter is so right from what ive found to. i bought a super rat gt5 from gasbike and got a regular gt5 the carb was also broken i have not got any of my money renbursed and been hung up and lied to by lorenzo the site manager i would loveeeeeee to talk to his boss as ive spent way to many hours trying to get my 31 bucks back and even saying sorry for GASBIKE was not even an option for them hanging up on me was easier for them. Just dont order from Gas and get ur hopes up never know what comes in the tuna can. And also i would not get the cns carbs i would be looking for motor kit with regular carb this one is junk compared to the stock carbs.

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I have bought 3 slant head motor kits from Raw. Haven't had any problems with them. I got the 66/80. Also, the 2 times I sent them an email, I got a response the same day. One day was even a Saturday. Shipping costs and delivery time were reasonable. So far, I'm satisfied.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to THE Forum! I have built several bikes for clients using Grubee as well as other brands. I like the motor kits. I use that'sdax as my supplier. If he does not have it, he can give you excellent advise.
Duane is his name :) 4 strokes are going to be what you want. The 2 strokes are great, but need a lot of attention. (c)