New Member...and loving it!

GoldenMotor.com

cyclehard57

Nov 4, 2010
Huntington Beach, CA
Hi to all
I am primarily a road cyclist, riding around 6000 to 7000 miles per year. A family friend constructed a motorized bike, and I was initially turned off by the whole concept of having a motor on a bicycle.

My son got the bug and I reluctantly approved of his plan to get a beach cruiser and to motorize it.

He got all the stuff, and we put it together. After some mistakes, and lots of help from reading the forum, we got it together and eventually got it tuned and running like a swiss watch.

To make a long story short, I'm totally addicted to the whole experience. Building, riding, and tinkering. I often take the bike out in the evenings and just buzz around the neighborhood. It totally clears my mind.

I'm still doing my self-propelled road bike thing, but I always look forward to my time on the motorized bike.

One piece of advice if I may. If you have a little extra money, I suggest that you go with an after-market sprocket adapter kit. This is way superior to the rag joint, and will help your drive train run better, with less stress on the rear spokes.

Good Luck to all

See photos at...
Picasa Web Albums - David - Motorized Bike

Attachments

Last edited:

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Welcome to the forum. My solution to the drive train problem was to buy a truing stand and dishing tool and build my own wheels. Now I'm almost as addicted to that as I am riding my bike.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Glad to have you join us. Yes, it can be a very relaxing, mind clearing thing to put along on a motorbicycle you put together. I have at least as much fun building now as riding. Love the problem solving, making something out of nothing and then riding off into the sunset on something I built. Deeply satisfying...
SB

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I enjoy the tinkering as much as the riding too.
It's so much simpler than a car that I'm not afraid to experiment with it.