weedeater bike help

GoldenMotor.com

kidgambit

May 2, 2012
washington
I got a k100 string trimmer engine on my 16in bike. It only starts when the carb is open to half. but it doesn't run very long. any suggestions

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Cllean ur carb, check all fuel lines....hardened? Changee them
clean air filter in gas, let dry thenn lightly oil it...

Try again...

Check wire connections...

Right fuel/oil mix?

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
Troy-Bilt 4 cycle weedeater motor on 26 inch Schwinn, Built 2 cycle 80cc, vibrated like crap, removed it and added HS142 and runs smooth. Then built a 79cc preddy on Huffy. Got bored and decided to try friction drive, mounted ok, but still need work and engine runs good. Rode it about 1 mile and decided I need to finish setup. Kill switch, throttle etc.

Attachments

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
I am trying to figure out how to make a handle to raise the little engine off the tire when I come to a stop or back home. If you don't pick it up, it will eat a hole in your tire! also engine runs like a bat out of torment amd idles good, But it is very hard to crank, I use a drill driver to crank it but it aint easy, even with a new carburetor.

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Bldr1000- maybe the tension is too loose on the tire?

Neither of my friction drives suffer from that problem, and I have no lift clutches attached. My motors stop spinning when the bikes come to a complete stop. I'm using BMX pegs for drive rollers, so that may have something to do with it. Still using the same stock tires for both of them, with very little wear for the mileage.