ThatsDax rt High Performance Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

PatTheThird

Apr 24, 2011
Southern Maryland
I have used both the NT and CNS. Both were fairly tempermental and neither performed very well, especially at high RPM. I just installed my Dax rt 15mm carb. I have heard that its a clone of a 15 mm Dellorto carb. Going to the Dellorto website pretty much confirms this. They look just alike. This carb came with a 75 main jet installed and a 70 and 80 in the box. A 60 mm very nice air filter was also included as well as a throttle cable.
I used the cable that was included and was suprised to find all the slop that was present with both the NT and CNS was gone. The throttle was "right there" like your used to on a good motorcycle. Immediatelly it was obvious the motor was pulling WAY harder. I layed on the throttle and the bike rocketed up to 30 mph uphill! Im 305 LBS. Previously my bike would hit 18-20 mph up that hill. I went around the block laughing like a mad man. I have paid my dues on this bike my friends. I was almost in tears as i ripped past my house.
It used to be that i had to keep the throttle pegged to stay at top speed. With this baby, i could hit top speed and then back off to half throttle with out slowing.
The only neg i have with the whole thing was a 10 day lead time on shipping. Not that big a deal. I have a SBP expansion as my only performance upgrade. I will put up a few pics in a minute.

PS: buy one. You want it..wee.

Last edited:

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
I'm interested in it not to go faster but for the better response and power. Did it increase your fuel mileage? I know you probably haven't run it enough yet to know but I will keep checking in to this thread so keep us posted.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Sorry it took so long to arrive as some guys contacted me and bought all my RT carbs and I had to wait till my new shipment arrived any day before I could ship yours to you. We now have them back in stock and shipping. They are popular carbs and almost all buyers report 2-4mph gain, all report better throttle response and superior idle along with bigger torque in the mid range. Enjoy the ride..

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
I just ordered the RT Carburetor & cable from That's Dax this evening to put on a PK 80. the carb that came with it is so close the frame that I had to trim the bottom of the stock air cleaner tubes to get it on. Am I going to have to make a custom intake manifold to get this on the bike & is there any special things I have to know about this carb for setting it up. I think one of the guys said all he had to do was adjust the idle.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
yep, i had the same experience, i love my carb. it rocks, more torque and makes it run smoother. But duane, we need to talk, i need a throttle cable for that carb, my modified one aint cutting it no more. my home made ball end has pulled off 3 times now, so i would just like the right one, also i would like to try a 65 jet, my 68 right now is perfect with a hint of rich. you didn't respond to my PM but i know you've been so busy, it happens. no worries. thanks and i hope to hear from you soon.

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
xct2My only b**** would be that nobody recomended the cable should be ordered with the carb. That said , I love the carb, bolted it on - started it up, and it ran like a rapped ape!It friggen kills that crappy CNS carb, I swear if you buy the DAX Dellorto knock off you won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
Looks like you just might make it. Mine was that tight and it just made it . If not I thought with mine I would have to shave a little bit off the intake man, but did not need to.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
It should no problem. Wouldn't see why not. As long as you have enough room in your frame for the carb and filter. You can gain some room by doing what was mentioned above by tim turbo.

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
Is this carburetor tuned in the same manner as the NT carb? Is the mixture adjusted with a C Clip and Jet size? Does it have an idle speed screw?

skrew37

Feb 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I want one! BeaverRat, could you by chance post some pics with dimensions? I have a CNS carb and had to do some major modifying to get it to fit in my frame. I'd like to know the clearance on one of these before I purchase. Thanks.