clutch problem? no luck , help!

GoldenMotor.com

Hdmelo

Oct 2, 2013
Florida
my bike won't start… when i pedal and let go of the clutch the motor doesn't do anything its quiet and just keeps rolling. I've tried the "flower nut" adjusting the cable.. its all adjusted properly. i just put in brand new pads and cleaned it with brake cleaner. theres no oil or anything on the new pads, what is going on????

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If I ever replace something and the bike, truck or whatever does not work as it did before I recheck everything I did to make sure all is assembled correctly, not saying you did anything wrong but sometimes I miss things.

Hdmelo

Oct 2, 2013
Florida
i bought a cylinder and piston , and it the piston came already in the cylinder is it possible he put the piston on the wrong way? all i did was put in new clutch pads.. the clutch is adjusted fine. i really don't know what could be wrong..

Hdmelo

Oct 2, 2013
Florida
i didn't take the piston out of the cylinder, but i bought it with rings so they should be there. i connected it to the rod with the ball bearing and the 2 clips on each end

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I would roll the bike with the clutch cover removed and the spark plug out to see if the small gear on the end of the crankshaft is turning, if it turns you should here the compression through the plug hole in the head. Then put your finger over the plug hole and role the bike to check for compression, you shouldn't be able to hold back the pressure.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It sounds like you may have a sheared key under one of the gears, if both the big and small are turning I would check the small gear key first. If its not turning check everything in the clutch system.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Lock the clutch lever in and turn the flower nut clockwise a notch or two, roll the bike and release the clutch. If the piston does not move repeat till it does.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you need to open the clutch cover and watch while you roll the bike - if the center of the clutch moves & the outer gear doesn't, then the clutch is slipping

if both move, and the small gear on the end of the crank moves & the piston doesn't, then the woodruff key under the small gear is out

if nothing moves, then a woodruff key on one end or the other of your drive shaft is out

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Which gear or gears are turning? With the clutch in the released position both gears should turn, the small gear is directly on the end of the crankshaft held on usaully a flat head screw.The key is a woudref or half moon key.