I need springer fork recomendations

GoldenMotor.com

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego
So I'm building a board track/early 1900s styled bike using a Dyno-glide frame (1 1/8" steerer tube).
Ive been looking at springer forks, and have only been able to find 2 styles, and both dont look to be too solid, or quality parts really.

I like how the curve on the schwinn style springer forks go with the shape of the dyno-glide frame.

So my questions are

What are the opinions on these 2 springer forks?
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-Monark-Type-II-Dual-Springer-Bicycle-Bike-Fork-w-Black-Springs-Parts-/00/s/NTUxWDQ4MA==/$T2eC16J,!wsE9suw%29zvoBQjr%29-gzHg~~60_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BLACK-SPRINGER-FORK-for-26-Beach-Cruiser-Bike-Bicycle-STINGRAY-Cruiser-/00/s/OTYwWDEyODA=/z/mOwAAMXQzopRyPvt/$T2eC16JHJHsFGlDHmeEYBRyPvtYL+Q~~60_12.JPG

And are there any other recommendations for forks that would look good with the dyno-glide frame(with or without some sort of suspension)?

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
It took a little while of searching, but I found a new old stock Nirve springer fork for use on my Dyno frame. Looks good and the quality is not typical stamped China stuff.

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego
so i called chubbys cruisers and asked about their "Nirve Black "Spring Action" Cruiser Fork". The guy i talked to said they arent nirve brand,but are called that because they fit a 1 1/8th steerer tube. I also asked if there was any way to get the black spring on the black forks, and his reply was "yeah if you buy both forks and just swap them over"

So it seems that these 2 fork styles may be the only options for springer forks.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
so i called chubbys cruisers and asked about their "Nirve Black "Spring Action" Cruiser Fork". The guy i talked to said they arent nirve brand,but are called that because they fit a 1 1/8th steerer tube. I also asked if there was any way to get the black spring on the black forks, and his reply was "yeah if you buy both forks and just swap them over"

So it seems that these 2 fork styles may be the only options for springer forks.
Wow that explanation of the brand name of the fork sounds suspect, but upon looking at the picture on their website, I will say the chrome one looks like the fork I have.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you are set on the Schwinn style knee springer, Venice Motorbikes sells one I have used that is pretty good.

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego
Chainmaker, I am not set on the schwinn styled springers, those are the only style I have found so far that I think goes with my frame. If you have any recommendations on other style forks(maybe even forks without springs/suspension) then please let me know.

As far as budget goes, I would prefer not to spend more than $200 on forks, but if I have to for a better quality,better looking fork I would.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
cruising the internet, today was the first time ive ever seen these forks

07 dyno-glide deluxe disk

http://images.internetstores.de/products/07_07_Dyno_Glide_Deluxe_Disc_1024x768.jpg

I doubt I would be able to find those anywhere though.
...here ya go man, this looks just like that and includes pretty much everything you'd need except the cable and lever.

Springer Fork, Disc Brake & Front Wheel Combo

...AND it's from a reputable vendor who is active here on the board so he's available to answer your questions.

hth, peace, bozo

btw, you can also just get the fork or the brake setup, you don't HAVE to buy the combo package deal but heck man, this looks like the whole enchilada to me.

Attachments

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
...here ya go man, this looks just like that......

The setup from VMB looks very nice, but it uses the typical stamped tube style "Schwinn Springer" setup.

If you look closely at the Dyno pic above that was posted by the OP, you will see that it looks much different in the fork crown area and above. There appears to be a bolted joint (or pivot) right at the crown. Looks to be machined aluminum? And the fork tubes look beefier.

I've never seen a fork like that before.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Looks like you can order that whole bike from Germany.Norm stands behind his stuff at VMB, your best bet so far.

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego

The setup from VMB looks very nice, but it uses the typical stamped tube style "Schwinn Springer" setup.

If you look closely at the Dyno pic above that was posted by the OP, you will see that it looks much different in the fork crown area and above. There appears to be a bolted joint (or pivot) right at the crown. Looks to be machined aluminum? And the fork tubes look beefier.

Yeah. theyre one piece on top, and if you look at the bottom the tubes are welded together.

I went with the nirve style from chubbys cruisers(like i said, my steerer tube is 1 1/8"), but i am still looking to find some high quality forks for my bike,if there is anything higher quality.

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Looks to me like it does not function. I see no offset axle or ability to move up or down in this pic. It looks like a fake done for better looks rather than a functional springer fork.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Looks to me like it does not function. I see no offset axle or ability to move up or down in this pic. It looks like a fake done for better looks rather than a functional springer fork.
I was trying to figure that one out myself as I stared at it; but figured that it must pivot as one unit at the crown location. Bad design if so; the trail value would change with each bump, and change handling characteristics.