POWERFUL 6hp 4 cycle OCC Schwinn stingray chopper bike

GoldenMotor.com

socal_machinist

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Had a lot of fun building it but need something faster GASP* I know..

heres a vid of it running BEFORE the gas tank and other accessories were added
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_7FofTgmQ

Schwinn OCC chopper bike frame has been heavily modified/reinforced, the heart of the beast is a 6 hp 4 cycle (california approved) Tecumseh engine. Its mated to a series 30 comet CVT "torq-a-vertor" It has a schwinn bike computer that measures mileage, speed and top speed. I've topped it out at 43MPH flat land but this bike has T-O-R-Q-U-E! I go up and down rooftop parking ramps like nothing. This bike is is not your run of the mill 2 cycle 66CC kit, this machine looks and sounds like a light motorcycle and debatebly it is. It stops on a dime with front and rear disc brakes and you will need them with this kind of power. Its been plated in CA and is a joy to ride, you will get double takes and pedestrians asking 101 questions what kind of engine so on. It has 50 miles on it since the transmission was installed, for sale in Los Angeles.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
it's a shame i gave you brake parts to put on your bike only to sell the bike less than 30 days latter. thank you for returning the unused parts.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Had a lot of fun building it but need something faster GASP* I know..

heres a vid of it running BEFORE the gas tank and other accessories were added
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_7FofTgmQ

Schwinn OCC chopper bike frame has been heavily modified/reinforced, the heart of the beast is a 6 hp 4 cycle (california approved) Tecumseh engine. Its mated to a series 30 comet CVT "torq-a-vertor" It has a schwinn bike computer that measures mileage, speed and top speed. I've topped it out at 43MPH flat land but this bike has T-O-R-Q-U-E! I go up and down rooftop parking ramps like nothing. This bike is is not your run of the mill 2 cycle 66CC kit, this machine looks and sounds like a light motorcycle and debatebly it is. It stops on a dime with front and rear disc brakes and you will need them with this kind of power. Its been plated in CA and is a joy to ride, you will get double takes and pedestrians asking 101 questions what kind of engine so on. It has 50 miles on it since the transmission was installed, for sale in Los Angeles.
Social Machinist, our fellow forum member " ResetBTTN ", is trying to mount front disc brake on his Schwinn OCC Pedalchopper, could you please share how you were able to mount disc brake to the stock front forks of your Schwinn Stingray Chopper?

Here's the link to ResetBTTN's thread titled: " Front Disc Brake rubbing ", on the fork tube:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46741

C.H.

Jonathan Bauch

Sep 9, 2018
Damn the bike is beautiful i had about a million questions. Im working on my first conversion on a schwinn Stingray and i eventually want to make a full conversion so i need a engine that can hit at least 60
(Totaly out of my league but this has been a dream since i was a kid)

Jonathan Bauch

Sep 9, 2018
socal_machinist was last seen 6 years ago
Damn the bike is beautiful i had about a million questions. Im working on my first conversion on a schwinn Stingray and i eventually want to make a full conversion so i need a engine that can hit at least 60
(Totaly out of my league but this has been a dream since i was a kid)