engine oil coming out

GoldenMotor.com

mark skywalker

Aug 21, 2009
hollywood
Hey there, so I just finished building my bike and rode it around a few times. One thing is that it seems to only work at high rpms, otherwise when I move the clutch for it to idle lower, it usually dies. Then I noticed some oil coming out of the front of the engine. Is that bad?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
looks like a not-tight-enough head
the pic shows leaking from head gasket
take a ratchet and hold it by the head (not the handle), tighten it down
by holding the head of the ratchet, you will have less chance of over-torquing and stripping threads
hope that helped a little :)

I think I got that tip from bikeguyjoe, many moons ago before this form was around

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
Hey there, so I just finished building my bike and rode it around a few times. One thing is that it seems to only work at high rpms, otherwise when I move the clutch for it to idle lower, it usually dies. Then I noticed some oil coming out of the front of the engine. Is that bad?

yea..its the head gasket...torque 10 to 12 lbs...no more...and you better reroute your power wires...not over the exhaust...burn everything up...good luck...Dennis

Austeve

Sep 12, 2009
VIC
I had the same problem. Turned out to be leaking from the spark plug thread. With the engine running you could see it bubbling out. A new quality spark plug fixed it.

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
If everything is in good working order, the only time you need to worry is when oil and black filth doesn't leak out of your 2-stroke engine - you start panicking if this ever happens.

2-strokes are designed to leak oil and filth - it's a good sign you'll get home.

Fabian

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
If you are planning on parking that greasy, stinky thing inside it will need a drip tray .
One of these days the large amount of two stroke goo in the muffler will come out and visit with you.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Yer both outta yer minds lol - I park my ride indoors all the time w/o a drop on the cardboard I put down just for that purpose.

If yer 2stroke is spewing - blame the owner not the motor :D

Now gobs of mud are a completely different story laff