Replaced clutch bearing and now my bike will not move when I pull lever..

GoldenMotor.com

fistfulofsuss

Apr 6, 2009
Treasure Coast
Makes a slight sputtering sound for the inch or so that it does move.. Just replaced clutch handle as well, The bike will not move, unless i remove the spark plug, so you know.. Please help, been outta commission over a month and 'tis my only form of transportation, less than three month since purchase.... Everything looks like it should be setup I think, cant even ride as usual!! Will not move forward when i pull clutch lever,, PLEASE HELP!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you certain you put things back together the way they go? If so, and I assume you feel you did then the next step would be to look at adjusting the clutch. First would be the clutch cable and actuator arm. Can you move the arm with your hand enough to disengage the clutch? If so then your cable is too loose. If not then you'll need to go a little deeper. There are several good threads available on the details of adjusting the clutch 'flower nut' for proper clutch tension. I'd do a search here and see what you can find. I don't have time right now but I'll check back later with some links for you. Good luck.
Tom

Last edited:

fistfulofsuss

Apr 6, 2009
Treasure Coast
On response to misteright1_99's question, my location is in Stuart,, Everything seemed normal at first attempt, the clutch handle pulled all the way like normal.. Still not sure, tried to make the bike move by pedaling and the chain fell off into my rear sprocket.. Will check out the links and update as to it helped or not, thanks....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If the chain fell off, there are alignment problems. Also, look behind the clutch cover and make sure the chain isn't jammed inside the case where it goes over the sprocket.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I can't figure it out, my bike moves when there is no sparkplug but when i put the clutch cover back on and pull the lever my bike will not move!! Please help...
You need to adjust you inner clutch spring, Your motor turns even though you pull the clutch lever right.

Post some pics of where your flower nut is it might be to tight or you may have to loosen up you inner clutch spring which both you can do while your motor is on the bike. I posted a link before and norman has a thread on it too.