My bike

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Well the little Cranny I built is gone. Namely some one put the five finger discount on it last night. I took a long time getting it just where I liked it and even though I tinkered on it more than rode really liked it. Thing of it is they took it out of my shed with two welders a drill press and a load of tools and another specialty bike sitting there . So they wanted it. Hate it but just needed to vent a little. Have fun guys. gphil

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
On the bright side they only took the Cranbook and nothing else, and now you know you need to secure your shed a little better.

stinkfoot

Jul 10, 2014
Boston
sorry for your lost and good luck on your next build. With that being said, I will be purchasing pad lock and chain for my bike.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Man, George, so sorry to hear this. I think a thief is the lowest form of life. We can only hope he gets what he deserves, like maybe a cager turning left in front of him, in a semi.

Glad the bike was all you lost. Tools are valuable and in some cases financially difficult to replace. At least when you start a new project you'll have loads of experience to draw from.
Good luck and sorry for your loss.
Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Man, George, so sorry to hear this. I think a thief is the lowest form of life. We can only hope he gets what he deserves
Tom
That goes double true when it's something you built yourself.
Triple true when it's something someone else paid you to build and stolen before they take delivery because you have to replace it ASAP.

I have only had one bike stolen and it really sucked.
It was back when I first started building MB's and decided to get serious with it.

I borrowed $2,500 to build 3 'types' of MB's and a bunch of quality tools and equipment.

I had a basic cheap 2-stroke on a beach cruiser, a 2-stroke on a nice mountain bike with shocks and V brakes, and a really nice tricked out 2-stroke jackshafted build in the garage and it was left open one Saturday afternoon at my old place.

The low end model was door #1 closest to the thief and what he took.
Ya, I was out ~$350 in parts and a days of time, but it could have been much more costly had he picked door #3 the farthest back bike or I would have been out over a grand and two weeks worth of time.

In the Arab world thieves loose an entire hand
I would be happy with just a single blow to the thieves hand with my 4# engineers (sledge) hammer.

It does a bang up job on tough things that need some adjustment.
All puns intended ;-}

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
The local police have put it on facebook so maybe they will turn up something, not counting on it. All you guys are correct, but it was a learning tool for sure just hated to be without it. So a little later on will start another. 2 stroke,,,,4 stroke OMG brain drain already started. I hope they try to ride it and get to about 20 or so, might find stopping a problem lol was fixing the brakes. Ok later and new news to come. Stay away from Yellowstone. Melting roads what the **** over. gphil

Swiftyhernandez

Jun 24, 2013
Chula Vista
Dang...that TOTALLY sucks. I had my 10-speed stolen from the bike rack at school; it was locked, but obviously, that didn't matter - they wanted it, too.
It was many, many years ago now, but it still bugs me to this day.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Really hope they do try and hop on the bike and go for a cruise....that would just be instant karma for the scum bag. Would love to see that as well :D

Hopefully they find it and you can get to working on it again. I would check craigslist off and on and see if it winds up there.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Well the sentimental value was there being my first and took great pains and bothered the heck out of you people getting advice. Now to move on and do another. This one will be a departure from the first. Thinking real hard on a four stroke with a J-shaft to the BB and on to a shifter. Plan on quality parts and so on. Back to the theft, sounds like a few of you have had the experience also. Must go with the area. Ok keep the forum going its great. Oh and thanks for the remarks, taken to heart. gphil