Foot lever coaster brake?

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I'm looking for some info on a foot lever operated coaster brake, I've seen one here but all day can't find it. Any help would be great.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Tom
I think I found what I was looking for my photo bucket is full so I need to upgrade but I'll post a pic soon. What I'm trying to figure out is a way to use a coaster brake hub on a sidecar and put a foot lever right by right pedal on side car frame.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can see that by using a bike chain fixed to the pedal swing arm. Shouldn't be too difficult to design.

I recall one member was working on using a coaster hub on the front with a cable operated pull to spin the sprocket backwards. I think his biggest problem was obtaining enough leverage. The length of your pedal arm would determine your leverage but I'd guess you'd have plenty if the arm was long enough.

Keep us informed. It sounds like an interesting project.
Tom

Last edited:

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
My first Bike was Briggs powered. I used a length of chain, door closer spring, and pedal.
The chain went around the sprocket, the spring was connected to the chain the top half, pedal connected to the lower half of the chain.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
For the benefit of anyone else this is what I found On the interweb,which could be modded for a foot lever

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
That's a new one on me!
Glad I didn't say anything about "foot operated coaster brakes"!
*snork*