Motorbicycling.com Member Map of Motorized Bicycle Enthusiasts

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re: Motorbicycling.com Member Map

That's pretty funny GH, haven't seen that version before but that's what I'm talkin bout! Can't understand what'd he say, I'm on a Mesican (Mexican) Raydeeo (radio).....laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I love that song!

"i feel a hot wind on my shoulder
and the touch of a world that is older
i turn the switch and check the number
i leave it on when in bed i slumber
i hear the rhythms of the music
i buy the product and never use it
i hear the talking of the dj
can't understand, just what does he say?

i'm on a mexican radio

i dial it in and tune the station
they talk about the u.s. inflation
i understand just a little
no comprende - it's a riddle

i'm on a mexican radio

i wish i was in tiajuana
eating barbequed iguana
i take requests on the telephone
i'm on a wavelength far from home
i feel a hot wind on my shoulder
i dial it in from the south of the border
i hear the talking of the dj
can't understand, just what does he say?

i'm on a mexican radio

what does he say? "

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA

Wow...I'm not at all technically challenged. I am,however extremely computer,microwave,cd&vcr player,buzzberry, new phones,and others, CHALLENGED!
If it aint got wheels,gears,metal, mathematical solutions,or wiring, I cant make much out of it.
I am a dinosaur. Wonder how old members get? Anyway, tried to get on the map, filled out everything except map quadrature which I don't know, but I CAN use a GPS! It wanted further information but it gave no provision to give it any. So I may not be entered. I could not figure out how to use the map to find others near me. I finely thought I'd try entering my zip code. I got a bunch of local ladies in a group called "Kainay People"! But I did have the map of my area!
I can follow step by step instructions. If thats available please let me know.
I haven't yet found the twelve year old neighbor kid to teach me yet. When I do, I will gladly pay him or her.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Here are some instructions posted by Nougat on page 1 of this thread:

For the technically challenged:

To add yourself, click "Additions" at the top left. Choose Simple or Detailed. Fill out the fields, and hit "Submit." After you've submitted, the window won't close; close it yourself. And there you are! (Note that you don't have to put your exact address. For most people, city and state or zip code will be close enough.)

To see the details of a flag, just click it.

Wow...I'm not at all technically challenged. I am,however extremely computer,microwave,cd&vcr player,buzzberry, new phones,and others, CHALLENGED!
If it aint got wheels,gears,metal, mathematical solutions,or wiring, I cant make much out of it.
I am a dinosaur. Wonder how old members get? Anyway, tried to get on the map, filled out everything except map quadrature which I don't know, but I CAN use a GPS! It wanted further information but it gave no provision to give it any. So I may not be entered. I could not figure out how to use the map to find others near me. I finely thought I'd try entering my zip code. I got a bunch of local ladies in a group called "Kainay People"! But I did have the map of my area!
I can follow step by step instructions. If thats available please let me know.
I haven't yet found the twelve year old neighbor kid to teach me yet. When I do, I will gladly pay him or her.

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA

Thank you Scotto. I thought that's what I tried before but will again.
When I clicked balloons that cover Michigan I got people all over. Chicago, Ontario, Ohio, Detroit, etc. Nobody where I am.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Thank you Scotto. I thought that's what I tried before but will again.
When I clicked balloons that cover Michigan I got people all over. Chicago, Ontario, Ohio, Detroit, etc. Nobody where I am.
Try zooming in on the map first.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al

Kerf has been added to the map in the Birmingham Al vicinity. Sure would welcome anyone in the area for a get together.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

What is the significance of the candle marker and the marker that looks like a flower?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO

I like hot air baloons as much as the next guy ,but the flower allows me to find me in multitudes of the baloon race(the candle is used to fill the hotair baloons for more altitude)

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al

I personally would like to find some other "detached individuals" to share my hobby with. I ride with my wife but she doesn't like riding around town, only at the lake in the country. I think she got scared one morning, by traffic, while we were riding down a four lane beside a shopping center. That and some parts of town I've ridden through.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Kerf, could do a get together thing. A couple times a year I put an announcement here in the events section and read other folk's posts in adition to checking Dave's map. Nothing fancy, just sort of a few folks meet at a central place or park. Go for a ride. We do a picnic sort of thing and folks some times bring dishes or drinks, etc. Last few, spouses and kids came which was really cool.

Is really great put faces with names. Always a great learning thing too. Only need one buddy to show up for it to be a fun day. But seems to always be around 12. Well, one we had was only one other MBer. Still had a blast.