What the best 80/66 cc motor out there?

GoldenMotor.com

OsakisRider

Jun 6, 2009
Minnesota
I have spent the past couple weeks looking all over the internet at different motors and where to buy them. I have read many many threads about the different styles, etc.

The problem is that it is very hard to separate the quality engines from the crap that is out there.

I have had a crappy china engine for too long and my next project is going to be hands down, a sharp number. I need a proper engine to make it all happen.

The users of these boards seem to be very educated in your knowledge of these engines, so I would love a recommendation or two.

Just the name of the actual motor and the website of where to buy it would be enough.

Thank you in advance to all members of the forum, you help is greatly appeciated.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
All I can comment on is my motor. It's a Zoombicycles.com Jet Stealth 80cc kit. $145 with free shipping. The regular Jet engine is silver, stealth is black. Comes with the Slanthead, better bearings, Needle bearing in the piston. I have had very good luck with it. I upgraded the fasteners and tank petcock with SBP parts before I mounted it. GL

cabbiex5

Feb 12, 2009
Michigan
I have a Dax F80 70cc engine, its the largest one on the market. I never had any problems with it and it comes ready to go stock. thatsdax.com

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just bought a Jet 80cc (66cc) from Gasbike.net. It was built by Nantong Jiali and is VERY smooth. No vibration, no motor mounts, and for $150 shipped is a bargain.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I looked on the Gasbike site and their big motors are on back order. Whick motor exactly did you buy? Also what does "no motor mounts" mean? I'm 1-2 weeks from starting a build for my brother. The no vibration thing has me going. Nantong is a different manufacturer than Zoom's. My Zoom slanthead has been great but I'm open to suggestion.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
I know their engines are on backorder. Right after I received it in the mail I saw how they ran out and would be increasing price from $119 to $149.

I bought the Jet 80cc silver colored, not the black stallion. It's a Nantong Jiali engine with the little green EPA sticker on the magneto cover.

I should have been more specific on my "no motor mounts" comment. I installed the kit on one of those narrow frame (one inch diameter tube?) bikes. I didn't need any drilling or other special mounts or vibration dampeners. I just bolted it right on with stock mount.

Last edited:

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I'm wondering if the new shipment is going to be the same motors. Price hike might mean they had to get them from a different place, just wanting more money, or (wishin) could just mean the manufacturer is raising the quality. It's only a matter of time before the quality is going to go higher. As we seek and buy the better stuff they will see what's selling. Like most of the motors now coming with better bearings.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i bought mine in the winter and got mine on sale and now that summers here i see the prices go up.

bought my 48cc dualstart starfire gt-2 grubee at gasbike.net and still starts the first time and is running fast and strong.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I hear Chris Hill engines (CH-80) are the best! I read all about what he does to them to make them better... (I wanna buy one!)
Does anyone here have a link??

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
I hear Chris Hill engines (CH-80) are the best! I read all about what he does to them to make them better... (I wanna buy one!)
Does anyone here have a link??
I have a very limited number of Grubee 66 cc Starfire GT-4 motors left and I
am thinking about turning them into a blueprinted performance motor

The Grubee kit is the best out there

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
Exactly what makes your grubee kits any better than every other china engine kit????
I don't have time to explain now as I am going to the bike meet at El Dorado park in Long Beach
in a few hours

Come on down and I and my customers will show you in person why the Grubee is better

I have seen and sold a lot of PK / raw engine kits

Last edited:

Bombardier

Feb 3, 2010
australia
I found the best cheapest 2 stroke engines were generics bought on ebay strait out of china direct. my reasoning being strait out of china your getting current stock , the seller goes to the factory and get you current model engine kits . most sellers order the best stock they can get at the time but things are gradually getting better quality in chinea so it stands to reason the USA ,Australia , places in europe still have a lot old stock .they might get a big order say 500 kits or 1000 kits and it might take 2 years + to sell them all . a lot changes in 2 years . i ordered a 66 cc and a 60 cc direct from china advertising free slow postage.sure you wait 5 weeks but i got a slant head and the latest parts in the kit compaired to very old stock possable 2006 when i bought in australia . no kit is perfect unless someone has checked it over but all the generics we have ordered strait out of china have been pretty good . thanks cammy_cc ebay

Bombardier

Feb 3, 2010
australia
after seeing the all the cylinder conversions people are doing i think ill have to do one my self .ill use a garelli 50 cc chrome plated barrel and head , a go kart carby as close to 20 mm as i can get and perhaps the garelli pipe .or maybe i should copy the porting specifications as the garelli is a simple 4 port with no reed valve design and they rev easily to 10,000 rpm ,standard carbys is a 20 mm delorto but i think a go kart carby is better because then you can adjust the fuel mixture with the high and low speed screw so there is no excuse for siezing your engine . they pull down low and rev their heads off

lazieboy

Sep 5, 2009
Mid-west
Hey Iam pretty new to the game also,but i got a grubee skyhawk 66cc. At first took a while to start but since starts awsome. It also came with extra parts witch is cool and usefull, But you deffinetly need the heavy duty chain. Any way its been dependible so far no complaints.

Last edited: