Fuel hose question

GoldenMotor.com

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn
I need a new fuel hose for my Grubee 48cc.

Does anyone know what I should ask for specifically at the auto parts store? There's an Advance Auto near my house and I was going to try there first. The stock hose is getting brittle.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I need a new fuel hose for my Grubee 48cc.

Does anyone know what I should ask for specifically at the auto parts store? There's an Advance Auto near my house and I was going to try there first. The stock hose is getting brittle.
Fuel line! or Fuel Hose!

They won't have clear, but get 1/4" from tank to filter and 3/16" or 5/32" from filter to carb. It must be fuel specific hose.

Denver Dave

May 26, 2009
Queen City of the Plains
I just swapped mine out with some good stuff. I asked for 1/4" fuel hose at the parts store. I had to trim it to fit at the carb. It would have fit by itself but there was no room to clamp it. Eventually I'll do what Pablo said and get a smaller diameter for the filter -> carb connection.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i go to the hardware store and buy a few lengths 1-2ft of diffrent sizes(i like clear) there only like 99cents a foot,it doesnt matter to me what the hose is used for as i replace it every once in a while.and i dont use clamps and no leaks. also i dont use a inline filter just the tank one. but since i use a smaller diameter hose thers no more air in the line at all and it flows better too.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
5/16" fuel hose.. get good stuff, as the plastic stuff that you get at the hardware is not safe for use as gas line, it gets hard and brittle... but there is clear hose that is safe for gas.. go to motorcycle shop to find it. auto parts stores may be able to get it but it's really stuff you find kids putting on ther ATV's and dirt bikes

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hobby shops that deal in model airplanes, especially the big 1/4 scale type will have the right size silicone, gasoline resistant hose. They sell it by the foot. Be sure to tell them it is for gasoline. They also have fuel line for model airplane fuel that won't stand up to gas. The silicone hose will not harden and is very flexible.
Tom

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
Hobby shops that deal in model airplanes, especially the big 1/4 scale type will have the right size silicone, gasoline resistant hose. They sell it by the foot. Be sure to tell them it is for gasoline. They also have fuel line for model airplane fuel that won't stand up to gas. The silicone hose will not harden and is very flexible.
Tom
that's the stuff I'm thinking of.. I know motorcycle shops have it too, and even places like Speedway Motors - Street Rod Parts, Race Parts, Ford Flathead Parts, Sprint and Midget Racing Parts, Pedal Car Parts sells the red cool looking hose, just in sizes too big for the little engines

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Junster,
The model airplane fuel line is Tygon. It might be cheaper at a small engine shop; hobby shops seem to always charge more for stuff.
Tom

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
the fuel line that comes in a kit is usually surgical tubing.
a good medical supply store here has it (take a sample from a kit).

LOWES hardware has the perfect size for 18 cents a foot but is less flexable and will harden in a couple of months.... it will work fine 'till you find the good stuff.

stay dry
gubba