4 wheel PVC car..The American Speedster...

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Got her built and thought I would give my thoughts on this build. First of all it turned out to be way more expensive than I thought it would have been. But that goes with everything I do!
This is a kit you can buy on a website www.americanspeedster.com
You build the car out of 1 1/4" PVC pipe. I also bought the bicycle package from them so I didn't have to round up all the parts myself. I also put a magic pie vector four 20" wheel kit.
1st... the instructions were a bunch of chicken scratch!!! Thank god a guy on youtube made some videos or this thing would never gotten built. It is actually pretty darn cool. I made the seats adjustable so my daughter could help pedal up hills. I put blue tooth radio,headlights,taillights, ect..

That's the good stuff.

Now the not so good stuff...
1st the brakes suck terribly on this thing. They are suppose to be on the rear wheels but they did nothing so I moved them to the front and not much better. So. I am now waiting on a pair of 20" drum brake wheels ($120.00 each)
The electric wheel is awesome except that it wants to turn you when give it power or let off the throttle due to the fact its pushing from one wheel on one side. This thing has very quick steering. The only way I see to fix this problem is install another hub motor on the other side.($$$$$)

In conclusion: It actually is very cool! If you want attention jump on/in this quadracycle and head down the road. You will stop traffic! Guaranteed!
Its very comfortable and will haul a couple fat dudes like us.

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I built two of those...we made changes to the steering on both too,but they came out okay...our brakes were fine. I had a tanaka gas engine on one for awhile. Pretty cool