New project Lifean 110cc 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Just make sure the pump will still pick up oil with the engine at that angle.

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
That is the angle it mounts at. same as the atv i took it out of. Engine is now bolted in. just need to fab the frame up and over the top end.. i did have to off set it more to the right side of the bike to line up the engine sprocket.

i also use this engine in my kart

and here is my scooter getting a chinagirl installed

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The engine is designed to have the crankcase basically horizontal. It may very well run fine at an angle but it wasn't designed for that. Plus you are carrying a lot of weight up high with that configuration. You can make this work with a frame stretch.

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
perhaps it's a bad photo. it's as horizontal as it can be. you can't see the bottom bere but it's on a flat plat that is mounted in the V. My DIY 4 stroke engine mount

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I think the engine should be OK. I am fairly new to the hobby, but I have seen Predator engines mounted vertically and they run fine. I don't think this engine is at that extreme of an angle to cause problems. I don't have a bike of my own yet, but I have some familiarity with small engines.

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
took it for a spin. kinda scary. have to finnish the top cross bar tomorrow. then ill take it for a good ride.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I might recommend some beefier forks, perhaps suspension ones, I also hope you have strong wheels and good brakes.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I think the engine should be OK. I am fairly new to the hobby, but I have seen Predator engines mounted vertically and they run fine. I don't think this engine is at that extreme of an angle to cause problems. I don't have a bike of my own yet, but I have some familiarity with small engines.
These engines are oil pressure fed, the Preddy is splash lubed. That's as simple as just being sure the rod dips oil basically. The Lifan will have to have oil to its pick up which is set for horizontal operation. If at an extreme angle extra oil will be need to cover the pick up. Not easy to do when the filler is now at the lowest point. I suppose one of the valve covers will do but how much oil? I too love experimentation this is a good one. This is how I built my version.

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=403110&postcount=102

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
These engines are oil pressure fed, the Preddy is splash lubed. That's as simple as just being sure the rod dips oil basically. The Lifan will have to have oil to its pick up which is set for horizontal operation. If at an extreme angle extra oil will be need to cover the pick up. Not easy to do when the filler is now at the lowest point. I suppose one of the valve covers will do but how much oil? I too love experimentation this is a good one. This is how I built my version.

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=403110&postcount=102
Wow. your bike is nice. i don't have the time skill or money to make something that nice. also i made this in the day and drove it..

I can also see that you used some gearing to offset the sprockets to line up. i offset the engine abit in one side of the frame

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Dondu

I appreciate your get in there and make it work approach..

you can always make it prettier with your cutting wheel, grinder and paint

keep´em coming

ride safe

Last edited:

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
thanks buba.

i went for a 10km ride today and works pretty good i didn't go over 60kph. couple more test rides before i go for a speed run. make sure this thing is not going to rattle apart. and i will also upgrade the from forks with something more beefy. i can see these folding on the first bump at speed..

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
yes. these engines run well at most angles as long as it's not to extreme. i have used this engine for about the last 8 years in many projects. not much cash so they all share a heart..lol

but i got this thing going just about 70 today. still a little scary with such week framed bike and storm movin in very hard gusts of wind. but it's all i had available.

dondupuis

Sep 11, 2014
Canada
The bike this came out of was mounted the same. i just copied it. just changed the oil today and was no problem with the angle. all oil drained out. runs like a top. as soon i get some bigger balls i will go for a speed test see what this thing can do. the old bike would do 120kph and was about 100lbs. so im guessing around 150+ in a mtb frame..