Huffy fresno?

GoldenMotor.com

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
Ok ive changed my mind 4 times now. Have decided on this 7 speed cruiser since i will probably want to install a jackshaft in the future. My question is which jackshaft kit to use and how do i shift if the fresno has a grip shifter where i put my throttle. Or actually does the fresno have a grip shifter?any help will be really great.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm not familiar with the Fresno model. But it probably does have a twist shifter. Most everything does nowadays.

But you'll have a few options. The simplest would be to move the shifter to your left hand side. You'd twist in the opposite direction than you're used to. But I'll bet it's easy to get the hang of that.

Or you could get a thumb shifter from one of the online bike parts houses. Stem shifter? Probably the least useful of the bunch. But it would have one advantage; it would help to cut down on handlebar clutter.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
But you'll have a few options. The simplest would be to move the shifter to your left hand side. You'd twist in the opposite direction than you're used to. But I'll bet it's easy to get the hang of that.

Or you could get a thumb shifter from one of the online bike parts houses. Stem shifter? Probably the least useful of the bunch. But it would have one advantage; it would help to cut down on handlebar clutter.
We all suffer this dilemma when converting a shift'r to gas.
I have always just swapped the twist shift'r to the left bar .
As bluegoatwoods has described.
Once you get used to the reverse shifting it works fine....
Should be a good gas bike. It has all of the basic components needed for a successful conversion.... Just make sure not to trust the assembler.
Take it all apart and grease / lube / adjust and refine every aspect of the bike before you take it to 30mph.....
Have a ball man . You'r on the right track......