Working on The Quincy Flyer

GoldenMotor.com

jerrdan john

Sep 7, 2014
North Carolina
It's an old Quincy A4 air compressor that I made into an engine. It's a little over 200 cc and has model T ford valves, springs and lifters, it has John Deere B tractor rocker arms and rocker stands, I used an Oliver 77 tractor 6 cyl. cam that I shortened and used Chevrolet wheel bearing. I tried not to fabricate much on it. It would have been easier to just machine all the parts from solid stock, but I was going for a vintage look. I have two other Quincy A4 compressors, one that is just about completed as a hit and miss engine and one that I will be starting on soon into another hit and miss. I do some casting work, so I am thinking about building a aluminum case engine that looks more period correct for the next bike possibly using a radial airplane cylinder and head.

jerrdan john

Sep 7, 2014
North Carolina
Further along, just not quite ready for teardown and paint. I still have to do a idler for the drive chain and a idler and handle for the belt tensioner to drive. Just a lot of little stuff. The seat is just a temporary.