DD Bike's Onex 29'er 4 stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
Ok,

Gonna start showin my build now. Its a comin together slow. Bein this is my first build and bein a tall fella I recon I am a bit challenged with my choice of frame style and motor mount.

If could go back I think I choose a more powerful motor; but I bought me a kit and there is no goin back now. If this HS craps out I will just switch to a 4 stroke Honda or somethin.

Here is pictures my 4 stroke motor mount. I have to thank a lot of folks in here for your guidance.

Tried to use PVC in between in the back motor mount. (experimenting) I used u bolts from Lowes and then bought some muffler clamps and just used the muffler clamp bracket because the u bolts are longer and smaller gauge making it easier to manipulate into place.

I thought I might try using my heat gun and melting some PVC in between gaps but had no real success with that. Think I might come back with some JB weld after I let the bike run for about a week and let the metal stretch.

Bought me a MM sprocket adapter. (only sensible way to go with a 48 spoke. It guarantees you a center.

I figure with my first build I want to a least get down the ABC's of building a bike and that would be alignment and sound mounting technique.

Sense its a 4 stroke turbobuicks chain tensioner will not work for me and sense I kept hearing horror stories about chain tensioners on this aluminum frame .... I found a somewhat bulky solution that will take away from a streamlined/clean build look, but hopefully give me a solid solution. I bought this heavy bracket on Bay. Should be in next week.

My cranks need to be wider for a 4 stroke .... heard horror stories about the kit cranks that came with the engine; namely, the sprocket that comes with these cranks has too many teeth and is too large for my chain guard. Too many teeth because it makes it harder to pedal uphill.

So thanks to a suggestion from Venice bikes I can just heat up my cranks in a vice with mapp gas and keep my setup.

Attachments

Last edited: