CNS carb

GoldenMotor.com

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Hey guys,

I just found out my CNS V3 carb has an a/gas ratio adjustment. I took off this little brass cap and sure enough, there was a little slot there for a flathead. Does anyone know how to adjust it correctly?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
make sure engine is well warmed

get it running at an idle - turn screw a bit and listen for engine to speed up - if no speed up, turn screw the other way - as engine speeds up, lower idle speed - continue till speed goes down, then go back to last spot with best speed

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
make sure engine is well warmed

get it running at an idle - turn screw a bit and listen for engine to speed up - if no speed up, turn screw the other way - as engine speeds up, lower idle speed - continue till speed goes down, then go back to last spot with best speed

That's what I did on mine.......the 'standard' 1 1/2 turns didn't work on this carb. It's a different animal for sure. With that being said, I finally woke up this little China girl!! I added about 3mph and it's quite a bit smoother doing it.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
It's an idle air screw. My CNS has one, but it's not covered up. When I finally learned what it was, I adjusted it, and it made the engine more snappy at lower RPM's.

When you get it adjusted, you'll love it.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i have the cns carb and i have it adjusted as good as it can be yet it still 4 strokes on a flat at all rpm's when there is no load on the motor. however when under load it ripps and has lots of pull though the mid range but will surge a little when i let off the thottle quickly.

whats up with that ?

IndependentRider

Oct 6, 2013
Florida
haha. I read this last night, didn't realize what pipe he was talking about; until I went back for info. And seen he had a pipe, haha, nice pipe.

Also how did you get it out. And will is slow down my bike. because my bike wont stop going over 30-40. so, I don't know what to do?

And do I need the brass? because if I can drill a whole and pull it out, I will.

Last edited: