HS 49cc big bore carb from AGK Help please!

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK. Im nobodys idea of a carb expert; and I really dont know what I'm doing. I have only delt with the medium sized carb from AGK which is now on my Chief build. That one is a Klien carb. I have never run the stock carb before and need a little direction. I sent a stock HS carb to AGK to be modified to their big bore spec . Now: I have the fuel line pulged in to the carb as seen in the picture. When I turn on the fuel it PORE's out of the little brass outlet just below the fuel intake line. How do I make this stop and should I run a line down from the second spigot? And if so where to?

Attachments

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Maybe the float is stuck open or float has a pin hole and filled with fuel. Possible problem with the needle valve. Remove the bowl and look.

Good luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

olsmokeybeard

Jun 18, 2011
Portland, ME
whoa! that's because you're running your fuel into a breather line. the brass one below is the where your fuel should be going! that top one is just to let air in, and should have a small amount of hose on it just to keep debris out.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
OK. Im nobodys idea of a carb expert; and I really dont know what I'm doing. I have only delt with the medium sized carb from AGK which is now on my Chief build. That one is a Klien carb. I have never run the stock carb before and need a little direction. I sent a stock HS carb to AGK to be modified to their big bore spec . Now: I have the fuel line pulged in to the carb as seen in the picture. When I turn on the fuel it PORE's out of the little brass outlet just below the fuel intake line. How do I make this stop and should I run a line down from the second spigot? And if so where to?
You have the fuel line going into the wrong hole :oops:. Put in on the one that is coming straight out the side (not the curved one or bottom one).

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks guys. I reversed the hoses quite a while ago and the fuel leakage stopped but I still couldn't get the darn thing to run right. Its the pit of summer here and way too hot to be working in the garage ( for me ) once things cool off a bit We'll revisit this thread to trouble shoot why it now wont idle properly.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
didn't even notice... probably cause I'm not on here all the time like you, you big hairy beaver (^)
Must be opposite day. I'm actually not very hairy and I post just enough to have a clue. I can't even grow a beard, tho. But way to go anyway!
. o O (protip: it helps to read the posts before yours in a thread. I know, you've repeatedly shown it's hard for you to do)

HAHAHAHahahahahAHHAhaahaha ( cough ) Funny. But hey! At least he responded!
Yeah, that's like saying "congrats" to the kid who showed up 38 days late to the Special Olympics.

Everyone's so special! lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Must be opposite day. I'm actually not very hairy and I post just enough to have a clue. I can't even grow a beard, tho. But way to go anyway!
. o O (protip: it helps to read the posts before yours in a thread. I know, you've repeatedly shown it's hard for you to do)

Yeah, that's like saying "congrats" to the kid who showed up 38 days late to the Special Olympics.

Everyone's so special! lol

Hey....no capping on the not-so-handicapped.....er....I mean special peeps you not-so-hairy beaver (tail) laff