GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Previously the night before at 10:28pm while I and 3 others were building motorized bicycles in the shop I hear a tap tap tap at the garage door. Thinking it was a friend Bucholzz and channeling Ackmed the suicide bomber I exclaimed “ I WILL KILL YOU” and then another softer tap tap tap…. I said again only louder " I WILL KILL YOU!" Throwing the door up to find not a Buchollz but a uniformed police officer drawn down on me! Opps! Nearly got shot! He asked for my ID and whom I was (owner) ran my license told us to be quiet and left.

When the PZ19 was first connected to the tank, gas ran out the back and poured from the overflow line. The line was quickly disconnected. No idea what to do. Puzzled for 10min. Pulled the cord three times with the tank disconnected and the engine fired up on pull three. Lines were reconnected and the engine restarted with no leaking. I believe the float was stuck in shipping and the vibration seems to have sorted my wows.

Honing the shaft. Sounds great at idle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcC1qKOSBOQ

Giveing OP some revs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bM83ezUUQ

Damn I have to go to work in an hour and a half!

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
As you can see the shaft is a bit short for this application of an AGK JS that was designed to be used on a 79cc or 99cc Predator engine. The fix was to take some washers weld them together and grind the welds down to make them round again. Next a keyway was cut into the washers. This was then fitted to the end of the shaft and a bolt with retaining washer/s applied to the end of the output shaft.

Ok so I am updating my thread from work... and?

Attachments

Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Gee it seems to be taking days to do one simple thing! So I shut it down (noise) at 10pm to keep the peace. Then I ran out of wire for the MIG. Then I needed to cut and grind more but it was already 10:20pm.

Up again this morning. Ace is the place; because its a mile and a half away. MIG wire $23.00. and back to it as seen in pix one.

Pix two. The bungs and gas cap have arrived. Now if there was just some cash left in the weeks parts budget left to buy sheet metal for the tank. (Lack of funds again another 7 day time delay) My own fault funding three projects at the same time.... never learn.

The cap and steel bung from MOONEYS set me back $44 with shipping. The other package of bungs and petcock another $38. This do it myself tank is starting to get expensive. Next time I will conisder cutting these parts out of an old motorcycle tank if I can find one super cheap.

Anyone have a good link for something to hang the tank from the top rail? Brass would be nice. Pipe hanger/s brass or fancy copper? Looking for something fancy.

Attachments

TheOtherChris

Apr 1, 2012
SE Idaho
Anyone have a good link for something to hang the tank from the top rail? Brass would be nice. Pipe hanger/s brass or fancy copper? Looking for something fancy.
Here is a source for malleable brass strap in lengths of 35"
http://www.benchmarkcatalog.com/main-hardware.htm

As for fancy, you could hammer it, mill some flutes or just polish it.
I am thinking the 22-128 (1/8" x 5/8") for $18.50 would easily make enough for a couple of bikes.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Hey Lab I too get my engines from the guy on Ebay.Except he lives close so I get a really good deal!!They are lil work horses with tons of torque.What clutch are you running?I have the 2400 from AKG it's perfect for my set up.Also I have tank straps but they are ugly if you need some.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Same setup here Moto Magz, Did you have the short shaft issue I did?

Trying to sort what fule petcock fits this bung I purchased. Said harly style etc but I need to get a tape out and see juts what it is I have. LOL at myself ... alot.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
No idea on DD's Orange bike or name there in. I liked Clock Work Orange but it was a movie. The paint is Hemi Orange. Just reminds me of OJ in the morning. Started kicking it around and liked it more that Orange Road Master (ORM) what I had called it when I had purchased it a while back. When I wrote the thread I just needed to call it something and thats when it was actually chosen.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Same setup here Moto Magz, Did you have the short shaft issue I did?

Trying to sort what fule petcock fits this bung I purchased. Said harly style etc but I need to get a tape out and see juts what it is I have. LOL at myself ... alot.
Short shaft???

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
MotoMagz. If you read back a page where I am putting the AGK JS on the engine, the clutch with the back plate is 1/4" lthicker than the output shaft is long. Repeat, shaft on this engine is to short to be used with out modification. I posted pix of my work around. Asking if you have had this issue, or are you using a different back plate or JS setup? This would not be a problem with EZM the plate is thin.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Yes I did run into the same problem.I used the spacer from a 4g set up to fill the gap.Yours is nice with the key slot.