My 79cc build- Felt Yellow Jacket

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Its a bright motha****** felt slant bike and 79cc predator engine, kinda hard to come up with a name. Thanks too CCC and scotto i have a pretty good idea of how to mate them

I was thinking of getting some kind of decal pattern so i can stick on the frame to make it look like the pattern on a yellow jacket... just an idea

and i know messy garage.

Now i have to wait on agk to send me my order. hopefully they do it in a timely matter.

So far i made a manifold for my PZ22 walbro carb... so much better than the stock one. Easier starts and the throttle response is much better.

Ive been looking for a better aluminum manifold that goes to engine?

don't really like my chinakit exaust intake manifold.

let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Love that frame (^) .......that's a messy garage? You're joking, right? Good luck with the build, you have a great combination with that frame and engine. You need any help you know you're in good hands here ;)

dnut

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea it's hard to beat the quality of felts bikes, plus I love that fact that it runs a 1 1/8 head set.

Btw scotto do you were to get good intake manifolds for the engine?
I already have the side that meets the carb.

carcrafter22

Nov 16, 2012
Burleson
I made my instate manifold out of copper joints from home depot. I used 45* elbows and went to the local scrap yard to get some 1/4" thick copper plate for mating surfaces to the head and carb.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I was looking into having to sepretaly pieces joined by a piece of rubber pipe or looking into talking to a local goped muffler shop see how much he would charge me for a exaust pipe and intake manifold

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Tell me about this PZ22 walbro carb? Explain more about how it runs. Tell us what it cost and where did you source it. Also something about the way you made the intake would be great!

Thanks. Oh the Yellow, seems like I am picking up a used worksman newsboy frame in Yellow in the next day, not sure what I will build with this frame yet. YelloW is great~

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
There is a ebay link in the previous posts.
I made the in take out of rubber hose, hose clamps, the exhaust manifold of a china girl, and the aluminum manifold that mates to the carb.

Right now the engine bogs when i open the throttle to fast, need to play around with needle settings and and main jets.

and i plan to get a one piece manifold made after i get the engine mounted.
Plan to make the engine mounts within the next couple of days.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Forgot to add that the governor was removed, one of the first things i did when i got the engine.

Just waiting on parts now. AGK has good parts but is a slow shipper, they told me my jack shaft is on back order until next week until there next batch comes in.

This my first non-kit build, so this engine is gonna be my trial and error bike... i have as second engine on the shelf just in case lol

Reactions: JerryAssburger

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Here is what i got done this weekend. Between school, work, and significant other i barely have anytime to work on my bikes.
Girlfriend was out of town over the weekend, so i got a chance to work on my build.

Made plate a mount plate similar to what other members have done, drilled and tapped the extra fill hole, hooked up a temporary intake manifold, and a gas tank with a similar set up to that of the SCSW boxer.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yea it's hard to beat the quality of felts bikes, plus I love that fact that it runs a 1 1/8 head set.

Btw scotto do you were to get good intake manifolds for the engine?
I already have the side that meets the carb.
I just made my own manifolds using 3/16" steel plate and some square steel tubing for my 99cc Pred. Just cut, drill and weld them up.