Newest Venice BTR

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a BTR that I just finished today.... Now I get to test ride it for a few days before shipping it out.
Every one of these I build gets a little better than the last one!

This one has a 4-stage 'blood red' powder coat. It has a 'three port' engine with a Arrow Cycles reed valve & a custom welded SBP pipe.
It also has a VMB Monark-2 fork with my stainless steel disc brake dropouts & a Sportsman tank & hub adapter with a 40T sprocket.
It also has a new VMB brass head badge.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Norm,
Very nice. Love the craftsmanship and attention to detail. (we expect no less from you)

Just curious if you see any improvement using an NT carb with reeds. That is an NT, yes?

Tom

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Cool build, Norm. Looks like a cool engine set-up. Never tried a reed valve on one of those engines.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
SOOOOO Nice! Tell us about the paint / powdwdercoat whatever. It looks like a process I had done to an old Buell I once owned. A marbeled silver followed by a transparent candy red. Not inexpensive... Worksman frame?

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Update... Here's a picture of my iphones GPS from the test ride today... 45.2 MPH on flat ground!!! :eek:

I'm learning a lot of new tricks to make these reed valves work on these HT engines!
Yes, thats a stock NT carb with the stock jet; & yes it's a 1951 Schwinn Panther frame.
The powder coat is a 4-stage job... first black, then 'speckled' silver covered by two coats of dark red.

Here's some pictures I took of it while out on the test ride today...

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
wow! that frame is older than me. if it could tell story's of the ride's and place's it's been. and now a new lease on life as a classy BTR. i like the no chain ten. on either side alot of thought went in to that. easier said than done. and it haul's butt! lucky bike, lucky new owner, great job norm. if they could only rebuild human's like that. dennis

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Reed valves and expansion chamber, eh. If I know Norm, he did port-matching, balancing, and who knows what else. But stock carb - hmmm...

And all of it on another totally slammin' bike. Nicely done, Norm.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have to admit that I got real lucky on this bike... I didn't split the cases to port match the two main transfer ports; Instead I matched the base gasket to the cases & then did some ginding to the cylinder to make it match as best I could.
I did do a 'big dog' third port & a large transfer hole in the piston.
As for the jetting, I just kept testing & drilling it bigger & bigger until it didn't need the choke to start.
It runs a little rough until about 35MPH then it hits a sweet spot where the pipe comes on & it smooths out & starts really gaining speed.