I feel posting will keep me motivated

GoldenMotor.com

AlaskanSpaniard

Jun 22, 2012
Kenai, AK
although the piston is scored I put it back on and kept trying.

After a while I decided to remove the exhaust and try..... voila! she runs!

Mud Daubers plugged up the exhaust port.

Took her for a 10 mile run. She is gutless on hills but on the flats rides nicely with a little vibration.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
lol, dang wasps!... A-S, looks like someone has replaced your rings already. That's quite a gouge on the piston, but its the rings that are important. It's hard to tell from your pic how bad the jug is. Hopefully it'll pick up power after the rings break in after a couple gallons.

AlaskanSpaniard

Jun 22, 2012
Kenai, AK
had fun while it lasted.... cylinder and piston are toast.

Debating getting a complete engine or just a cylinder and piston assembly. I can't seem to get any help on who carries my piston and cylinder.

Any suggestions?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That sucks AS. I can't seem to find just a 49cc jug either. Gotta be careful replacing pistons, as some have a higher wrist-pin than others. Ask before you order. and a 66 jug won't fit on a 49 case(tried that before with junkers)

Pistonbikes site is down, no clue there
Berry has pistons, but no jugs
spookytooth has 49 rebuild kits $50 http://spookytoothcycles.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.browse&category_id=99

Gasbike- But when a complete engine is only $100 http://www.gasbike.net/bicycle-motors-only-mo.html

Might find something on eBay, but the shipping to AK could be a pain.

At least you got to ride it a little? gl.

AlaskanSpaniard

Jun 22, 2012
Kenai, AK
bike is back up. Been riding it for a couple days.

I found a puch gas cap that works with the under seat fuel tank. I like the oil quantity measuring cup that is attached to it. :)

A couple more weeks and we will have some paint, polish and all around beautifying.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
AS, I'm sure glad you got this project finished. I've been waiting for months to see it :)

You did good, sir. The color match on the bike and engine just blends so well. You have a very clean and impressive bike. Congratulations. I hope it runs and rides as good as it looks.
Ride safe, have fun and thanks for keeping us up to date on your project.

Tom