Felt MP Build

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
How much is that pipe? It looks awesome!

Edit: Before I asked this, I looked at Phantom's site and their accessory page is "coming soon" so I could not see a price for myself.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Phantom is having some issues with a webmaster they hired which is unfortunate for them. Also explains the issue with the site. The price depends on on the frame. The starting price is $125 I think. It might be more. They are coming out with a dual pipe that I've seen. It's just..........words can't describe.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Sorry for the delay everyone. Got almost all loose ends tied up. I was able to take it out for a short rally today. I was also able to take it to work where it is currently residing. The feel of the bike is amazing. The motor even with it being a HS 49cc feels so much better then the 80cc China girl. Vibrations are so much less. The sound with the glass packed header pipe turns heads. Next will be a light system for night riding. Make sure you guys in the greater San Diego area come out for our 11th Group Ride.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hey everyone!!! Its been a while. Thought I'd dust off the thread and post some updates on the bike. First off, the motor finally died. DO NOT USE ROYAL PURPLE IN YOUR HS-49CC MOTOR!!! My motor just seized on my way to work. I performed a oil change 2 hours prior. Do not use this oil whatsoever. I upgraded the throttle and brake handle to a full metal motorcycle throttle. A 99cc motor is being delivered tomorrow. So that will now be the forefront of my upgrading. I have a spare HS 49 cc motor I will throw in for temporary use. Other than a 4G transmission belt and a couple of bolts here and there, the bike has been taking good care of me over the last year.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I'm sorry to hear about the untimely death of your HS49 engine. :(
After learning from other folk's experience with Royal Purple oil, I don't think I would trust it to lubricate door hinges let alone an engine.
I know plenty of Harley riders who swore by it up until their engines suffered similar fates.
If ya wanna play with synthetic, I recommend Mobil1 closely followed by any flavor of Maxima full syn oil. Even good 'ol Amsoil has issues...

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
The MP lives again!!! This time with a spare. My 99cc pred was delivered and now it's time to figure out how to mount it and exhaust.