Little Camper For Your Bike

GoldenMotor.com

gia

May 28, 2011
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
I'm a camping fanatic, but the campers available for bikes are not real practical, in my opinion. Traditional tents, trailers, hammock camping, etc. are all better options. Besides, what's better for stealth camping than a hammock?

gia

May 28, 2011
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
The only commercially produced bicycle camper that I'm aware of in the USA is the Kamp Rite Bushtrekka (Here's Amazon's link to it.) It sleeps one, and it's basically the same as their cot-tent, only with wheels.

It just seems to be a lot of weight for a tent-cot combo? Hammock camping and tent camping are both a lot more lightweight and compact, fit into less expensive cargo trailers, and store more easily. Granted getting off of the ground is nice, but check out hammock camping--it's a great idea for anywhere except treeless regions.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
The only commercially produced bicycle camper that I'm aware of in the USA is the Kamp Rite Bushtrekka (Here's Amazon's link to it.) It sleeps one, and it's basically the same as their cot-tent, only with wheels.

It just seems to be a lot of weight for a tent-cot combo? Hammock camping and tent camping are both a lot more lightweight and compact, fit into less expensive cargo trailers, and store more easily. Granted getting off of the ground is nice, but check out hammock camping--it's a great idea for anywhere except treeless regions.
hate to tell ya but there are more.....so your wrong'
Mobile shelter trailers by Tony's Trailers

is the only other made just for a bicycle that i know of. now if you carry a frame for a hammock on a regular bike trailer you could use it anywhere..

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
lol ibedayank
but wow...$800 for a cart w/ a tent for the homeless?? If you can afford one of these, you can afford a few month's rent. Or a cheap car. Either of these would potentially improve a homeless person's life way more than a trailer with that crappy tent would.