Oil pump injection system

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I don't find mixing the oil and fuel as much of a hassle as some other people, but I like exploring different ideas so I am looking into a separate oil system that automatically mixes the oil into the fuel or squirts it directly into the cylinder.

Dan's Motorcycle Two Stroke "AutoLube" Oil Pumps

Apparently devices that do this already exist. They operate off a separate throttle cable and let in oil into the carburetor depending on your speed.

This could mean not having to mix the oil in at the station and less oil would be used since the injection of the oil would depend on the RPM, or how much is needed at a given moment.

Is there anything like this that could work with our china girls? The arguments against it are the possibility of it screwing up and needing extra room for an oil tank, but I really like pros and I'd be willing to try it.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Automatic oil injection into the cylinder? I read your link. Hmmm, sounds complicated and expensive. Besides, you'd have to fabricate pulley and belt system, which would also rob hp. Besides, the available pumps are for larger-displacement motorcycle engines.

I live in an apartment, so it is very messy keeping fuel indoors. We have outside storage, but I needed a quick, easy way of refueling and mixing for my two-stroke/50:1 Tanaka engine. I even explored the idea of an oil drip from a tiny reserve bottle into my four-liter HT fuel tank. It could be done with a cheap 12oz. aluminum fuel bottle with a petcock. Then I could just weld on a bung onto the tank. When I fill up at the Chevron, I'd screw the fuel bottle/petcock into the HT tank. When I open the petcock, the oil mix would flow into the tank while I'm pumping the gas. Afterwards, I'd unscrew the oil bottle, place it in the bike's bottle cage, then plug the bung and put the gas cap on. All I'd have to do was remove the tank and clean it thoroughly, buy the bung and have it welded onto the tank. Then I'd buy an SBP petcock, drill into the reserve bottle's cap and screw on the petcock. Total expenses might be less than $40.

Did I do it? Nah. I keep a quart of two-stroke oil at home, but not gas. If I'm low on fuel before I leave home, I close the tank's petcock, pour in 2 oz of oil and pedal to the nearby gas station. By the time I get there, the oil is mixed with about 12 oz of fuel remaining in the tank. I pump three quarts of 87 octane at Chevron, then pedal in the grass for a block. The fuel mixes well enough, so I open the petcock, start the engine and motor away.

I always keep 2 oz oil in my 12 oz. aluminum fuel bottle in the bike's bottle cage. If I need gas when I'm away from home, I pull into any gas station (preferably Chevron), shut the petcock and repeat the procedure.

I saved myself $40 by not going thru with my oil-mix project. I keep only a quart of oil at home and pump gas at the Chevron station.

My engine has never complained, and the sparkplug looks fine.dance1

Last edited: