Almost done.. (electronics and carb)

GoldenMotor.com

b3anz129

Aug 15, 2011
Boston
Hey guys, I'm close to finishing my first mb :D. A few questions though, where do the wires from the kill switch hook up to? What are those two little white plastic tube-nets? How do I hook up the filter from the gas tank to the carb? And what is the switch on the carb for?

I can probably think of a few more questions but these should get me going for now. I hate how the kit didn't come with instructions (boygofast, btw) Thanks!

Last edited:

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
The kill switch wires can be hooked up to the black and blue wires in either combination. Ignore the white wire; you'll probably never use it. All the kill switch does is short the circuit, so you don't have to be too worried. It has been said, though, that it's best to leave the kill switch last so that in case there is a problem starting the engine, you'll know that it's the kill switch and not other components. If you need to stop while testing the engine, just brake until the engine stalls.

The fuel filter needs to be hooked up by cutting the fuel line that came with the kit into two pieces and use those pieces to connect the fuel filter to the gas tank and to the carb.

The switch on the carb is for the choke. You probably won't need this much if you're in a temperate climate. Leave it in the down position to turn it off. The button on the carb is for priming the engine. Same applies to that.

It didn't come with instructions? That's awful. I got instructions and I even got frustrated with those. I would have gone nuts without one.

These are the instructions that came with my kit:
Raw Motors Bicycle Engine Manual