pic's of motorized touring bike's

GoldenMotor.com

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada
This thread is strictly for motorized touring bike's, just pictures only and a brief description of your touring bike's. So if any of you guy's have a fully loaded motorized touring bike's, then let's see them picture's.I'll start off with mine with a brief description on it,as you can see i installed a front rack and some custom made front pannier bags made from two large converted lunch bags with custom hand made mounting brackets, I also have two rear rack's, one above the other with two mongoose rear pannier bags on the bottom rack. On the top rack i attached a front carrying basket with 10, 50 l.b. test zip tie's and thats where i carry my 1 gallon gas can, plus my 1 liter gas bottle and 710 ml. gas bottle. On the bottom rack i carry my tarp and on the rack above in between the seat and rear basket my tent.On the front rack is my bed roll and in the two front bags are my tools ,two spare tubes and mixing oil plus my mini air pump and patch kit. On the bag under the top bar, which is actually a under seat bag, I carry my other tool kit and in that tool kit i have an 8mm,9mm,10mm wrenches plus a 15mm socket two tire spoons and three allen keys and a bit set for the mini ratchet wrench also contained in the bag along side with my mini digital air pressure reader. On the frame bag just under the top tube by the seat post is my oil rag and rain kit. The weight of the gear on the bike is all in all is around 85 l.b.s in total,and that does not include the weight of the bike by it's self without the gear which is around 67 l.b.s, so almost a total of 152 l.b.s total loaded weight.

xct2 cflg

Attachments

Last edited:

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada
Re: pic's of mb touring bike's

Well let's start seeing those pic's of your touring mb bike's. I started off with mine there guys, i'm hoping that there will be more pic's of other motorized touring bikes out there that you guy's built and rode.Thats what this thread is all about. So let's start seeing them pictures there guy's.

xct2 cflg

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I look forward to hearing about your adventures on that touring bike.

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa

I really like your touring bike! It seems you could camp out anywhere with it. Whats your longest trip so far? I built my MB late this fall and was planning on something that I could take to local campgrounds for fishing weekends.
So far I haven't gone more than about 300 mi. and don't have much for carrying capacity built yet. I did build a rear rack for a bigger gas tank
(1.3 gal ) and have room for daily hauling, but I would like to add panniers for the back.

Attachments

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa

Whelan, Looks like you had an interesting adventure for sure. The camping pictures reminded me of my backpacking days in northern Calif. I spent a year living out of a backpack, and never felt so alive. I hope this coming year I'll have some similar times camping from a motorized backpack. I saw some long hills in your pics, and wondered if you had to do much pedaling, and if breakdowns were a problem. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada

Thanks porch lizard. I peddle assisted my bike almost 95% of the journey from sudbury to timmins and back again ,while maintaining an average speed of 17 to 19 m.p.h. with the help of my peddle side chain ring which is a 52 tooth chain ring on the bottom bracket.The hills that i encountered where no problem with the motor assistance and peddle assistance combined. As a plus also ,I had not one single break down what so ever and the bike plus motor performed flawlessly all the way out there and back again.

xct2 cflg

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada

i'd post pics,but i'm lousy at it.
i cant help admire the front fender,the flap on the lower part especially.
i get caught on gooey roads,plastering everything with mud.
i may look into something like that.
nice bikes ,btw.

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada

Heres some new pic's of my ezm touring special in it's latest configuration after getting it set up with the front pannier bags.

xct2 cflg

Attachments

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada

here's some close up pictures of the finer details of the ezm touring special. Tell me what ya think of it so far?

xct2 cflg

Attachments

Last edited:

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa

WW....I'm interested in the lighting system that you use, the type of panniers, what type of racks necessary for the panniers,and also the weight involved with adding the bedrole,tent? , extra gas/oil, camping gear, etc. . Also do you fish? If so where do you put all that stuff? On my bike, just adding a tool kit, and carrying box adds alot of weight that needs to be balanced. I haven't used panniers, that put the weight down low, and would like to know if they make a big differene.