Zipper 25cc

GoldenMotor.com

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Just got my Zipper in the mail today, Wrong color(red) I requested green. Oh Well, Gonna start putting it together, and hope it fires up ok. I just got some opti 2 packets to break it in with. I will probably have to replace the battery for the electric start since it is around 20 years old lol. but for now I will use the pull start. I will take some pics and post them up when I'm done later tonight.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That is the weirdest transmission I've EVER seen, I'm gonna call to see if they still have them in stock tomorrow! :D

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Wow I got it all put together now. Not having instructions had me scratching my head a few times on this one. I had to look at Terry's video a few times to figure out the Wiring harness. Well my battery is dead too, so I guess I'll try to get a new one in a few days. It had me pretty worried when the carb was just gushing gas on the floor, but I just rerouted the drain hose and all was fine. Then came the time to start it, only it didn't. Took the spark plug off and saw a nice strong blue spark, then put it back on snug. Pulled on the pull start 20+ times still no putt putt. scratg Then I fiddled with the throttle and heard a beautiful noise of a baby engine trying to come to life. I found out I needed to adjust the throttle cable, one more pull and...It's ALIVE!! I hoped on the bike and putted down the parking lot in first gear, shifted to second then back to first. It works! As I'm typing I am very anxious to go back outside to ride it again. Well Here are some more pics for everyone.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Etc -

Thanks for the pix, look forward to seeing and hearing more.

Do you know by chance if this bike can fit a Robins Subaru EHO 35cc engine, or a Honda 35cc?

(I'm thinking ie a 77 -78mm clutch opening measure by the 4 bolts that connect the transmission to the engine?

Thanks again!

:)

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
I don't know if it will fit any other engines, but I'm gonna guess probably not, just seems like such a unique setup. The drive shaft comes out of the clutch and has a tapered end that goes into a bearing on the starter gear.

homejones

Jul 4, 2011
Lostville
I really want that gas tank and mounting rack. I could only find the tank avail on eBay, but not the rack.

Actually, I want that bike kit. It seems like a REALLY good deal. I would have just ordered this kit rather than a Grubee GT5 and all the random and various part orders that I made. This whole thing is a big money pit.

Cool bike!