Clutch actuator arm

GoldenMotor.com

Mrakulous

Mar 9, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
How can i keep in place. It will slide out of the cover, thus making clutch inoperative. In there a oin or something that holds it in place?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The pin is approximately 3/32" in diameter. Any good hardware store should be able to provide you with a roll pin or steel material of the right diameter. A drill bit, welding rod, coat hanger, screw...something steel will suffice. If you remove the clutch actuator cover, left side of engine you'll find the cam portion of the actuator that presses on a steel pin in the middle of the drive sprocket. That cam is held in place, or should be, by the pin that is obviously missing in your engine. Some are peened in place, others are held in with a glob of epoxy material. Make your replacement long enough to be flush with the surface then secure it with either method mentioned above.
Good luck. Let us know if you need more help. This is a common problem with some Chinese 2 stroke engines.
Tom

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I used a #3 Metric machine screw about a half inch long driven right into the hole. It self-tapped and hasn't backed out or gives any evidence of doing so. I carry an extra screw in my carry-along parts bag along with extra nuts and washers and anything else I can think of. It was nice to be 5 miles from home and discover I'd put that #3 screw into the bag. :D

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I used a piece of coat hanger and JB weld to hold it in place. I cut the hanger and filed the ends square, the length of it just short enough sit slightly recessed inside the hole.
To be sure that the JB sticks for the long haul, I thoroughly cleaned the cover with brake cleaner and a tooth brush to remove any grease before final assembly.
After the JB cured overnight, I greased the release shaft well before installing it back into the cover.