cans

GoldenMotor.com

eastwood

Jun 17, 2010
brooksville,fl
No deposit in Florida. I guess that is why there are so many on the side of the road.

The sheriff takes van loads of people serving jail time around and they clean up the sides of the roads.

Plenty of them ! :)
eah theres a lot of cans around down here.i wish we did have a deposit.

ive seen the the jail workers but ive also seen regular workers on cushman style vehicles.

Don't accidentally get your hand or anything into a needle!
i would hope your using gloves in those trash cans and you might think about getting your concealed carry permit if your gonna be in the bums hang out stealing their cans!lol

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Although it needs a motor , this was an entry in a design competition for an urban cycle for the homeless . The front section is detachable to be an independent unit . The front wheel for the bicycle is stored like a continental kit on the back until needed . The front section holds a tent and two large recycling bins for can collecting . ...... D.J.

Cool ! :) I would rig that baby out for fishing ! :)

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Along with the coment on old needles ,watch out for cans from behind carpet or upolstry places , had a friend stomp can with old razor blade in it . He was super lucky to have a work shoe on or would have been bad .
Urban cycle is really cool , cant wait to see motorized one.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Along with the coment on old needles ,watch out for cans from behind carpet or upolstry places , had a friend stomp can with old razor blade in it . He was super lucky to have a work shoe on or would have been bad .
Urban cycle is really cool , cant wait to see motorized one.
Thanks for the tip. I am going to use my stompy work boots to stomp cans. :)

You won't see a difference ?

I have the motor. TNC Scooters (Scooter Sales and Service)

Plan on mounting under the basket in the back and run it to a freewheel on the axle. :)

I am getting a handle on riding my trike and feel ok about putting a motor on it. :)

Last edited:

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
eah theres a lot of cans around down here.i wish we did have a deposit.

ive seen the the jail workers but ive also seen regular workers on cushman style vehicles.

i would hope your using gloves in those trash cans and you might think about getting your concealed carry permit if your gonna be in the bums hang out stealing their cans!lol
They would still be on the road with a deposit on them. Many have beer left in them !

Slows me down pouring them out and the trike always smells of beer. :)

I think people pitch them so as not to get busted with an open container.

And those bums are paid ! They make enough money to smoke crack and drink beer all day !

I-4 exit 10.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
What about a bike powered crusher? Drop the rear tire into the stand unload your haul into hopper pop the clutch and crush away. Just a thought (patient pending):)
Cool! "Now with auto-loader"

That would be the ultimate Rube Goldberg/MB thing. After it loads and crushes, have it toss the now small can up and in a receptacle. That would be too cool.

If any one tries to build one, please enter in the Rube Goldberg build contest! Would be too funny!
Dang-it. Now I wanna try one.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/rube-goldberg-mb-contest-25469.html

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I took in my mountain of cans, now crushed and in plastic bags. 128 pounds of them and got paid $85.00. Actually, the lady I work for turned them in. Doesn't seem like much money for all the work I did in crushing them even if I didn't have to collect them from the side of the road. I asked how much she was paid per pound, trying to figure if she got screwed. Didn't know. At least around here this is not a get rich quick scheme. Still a good thing to pick them up and recycle them, though.
SB

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I took in my mountain of cans, now crushed and in plastic bags. 128 pounds of them and got paid $85.00. Actually, the lady I work for turned them in. Doesn't seem like much money for all the work I did in crushing them even if I didn't have to collect them from the side of the road. I asked how much she was paid per pound, trying to figure if she got screwed. Didn't know. At least around here this is not a get rich quick scheme. Still a good thing to pick them up and recycle them, though.
SB
Hey, you didn't have to collect them on the side of the road and you got someone to take them in for you.

Now if you could just find someone to crush them for you....... :)

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
SB
66.40625 cents per pound

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
How much do aluminum cans bring? Seems a little like work though.
Kerf I'm not saying you litter..I recycle from home (cans). Recycling is not how much you can get...it's how much of the trash isn't on the road or going to the dump. Birmingham has made some strides since 1979 (first time I came through) but still has a way to go.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
My mother adopted a section of local highway last year, and this last weekend was the first time I helped her. Made for a good mother's day present, we covered both sides of a 2 mile stretch in 2 days. It's crazy how much litter gets thrown out of cars! Lots of drug paraphernalia too... We didn't recycle anything though, it'd be a good idea, but after the first half mile of trash, you just wanna throw it all in a bag.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
My mother adopted a section of local highway last year, and this last weekend was the first time I helped her. Made for a good mother's day present, we covered both sides of a 2 mile stretch in 2 days. It's crazy how much litter gets thrown out of cars! Lots of drug paraphernalia too... We didn't recycle anything though, it'd be a good idea, but after the first half mile of trash, you just wanna throw it all in a bag.
It is crazy !

Couches, beds, tvs, you name it gets dropped off on the roads around my house.

The worst is all the dogs that are dropped off.

All my dogs are dogs I found on the road.

It's hard, I want to take them all home and I can't. :(