Banned from spandex site

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Roadbike review.com
For making some political statements I guess-the cops were following me around and I described it.

"Reason: none"
"Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I've been in bikes all my life and raced at high levels- it's their fricken CHICKEN loss!

Last year I was putting up my cycling life story on the CIBA- Central Indiana Bicycling Association- site-

where I grew up and started cycling and raced for years and knew a lot of people,
it had just started out and not much going on there

I had installments of texts going, and some pictures, those from Breaking Away- and I was getting all kinds of views- it got up to several thousand

then the site was mysteriously pulled down for some procedural "makeover"

but I think I know what it was- there's been a lot of other people making war on me in Indiana- SERIOUS LIFE-THREATENING war for a dozen years now- for both being a transgendered woman and for daring to write some liberal thought on the net.

And somebody couldn't stand the thought of me looking somehow normal, and something other than the freak they can taunt- so down the whole site came.

There are some really really nasty things going on in America right now that haven't always been here I think.

this ban on the spandex site is an infringement on free speech. It would never stand in a court of law-and I say this with a degree in Journalism Education from Indiana University.

A flock of Seagulls now please:
YouTube - A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
it's not an infringement of free speech because it's a private site. just like blocking out cuss words here on this forum, i'm allowed to say F*** all day on the governments streets, but this site isn't owned by the government, so whoever it is owned by has the right to make their own rules, if they don't want you saying something then they can ban you for saying it.

not saying anything about the rest of the post, just the misconception that our right to free speech extends to others private sites on the internet.

you could however make your own site and say what ever you wanted about anything and everything, even pertaining to that other site, as long as it's not slanderous.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
If it's not illegal, then they are at least fascists- "private site" or not

and it wasn't illegal speech

It's THEIR ATTITUDE!
Look at their responses
"reason: none"
"date ban lifted: Never'

- I queried them with one simple question
"Why was I banned" and as yet have gotten no response.

I'll have a good one here myself eventually.

And like I say- it's THEIR loss- I have things to contribute.

So they can devalue and de-humanize me- what does that say for corporate america?
Things around here have changed.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm kind of an amateur writer so I despise any censorship, but alas they have their reasons most of the time.. Like the man said it ain't my site so I try to play nice. To me the internet and the forums are entertainment, I just refuse to take it too seriously.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I almost NEVER personally insult an individual- I don't believe in it. I've had people follow me around chat boards and giving insultive and gender derisive to comment answer to EVERY single post I put up for a time. I get ganged up on a lot- people want to turn it into the Jerry Springer Show if they don't like what I'm saying and their posts get very personal and abusive. It's all about me then, my sanity and status and not about the issues or events happening to me. It gets very old.

I sometimes might get carried away and get a little heated, but it's against THINGS, not individuals, and usually no worse than the content around me, and it's almost always about politics and things personally happening to me-

and that's probably what this was about- I was talking- in the Tavern there- and I was relating a long historied account about how the police have somehow entered into my Dental treatment life. They've at times been very very visible in my life- just mentally messing with me, and for amusement it seems. Some people still even might be shocked by the events, when it's all related together- and it's all true. The account might still be there, but they probably pulled all my posts like true good sports, and so very concerned with truth over local news report image.

Frankly, it must just be TOO ACURATE an account of real events that have occurred over several years now- I was getting a lot of disbelief and called a liar in so many words or having my sanity called to question. I think I used the word goon finally. WTF.

it's very frustrating. These are abuses of my civil rights, my HUMAN rights- by people who claim I owe them something for fighting for human rights elsewhere.

I've become this great big participatory beating somehow- and there is a history of my accounts on the net I linked together there.

Among the strangeness is this picture here- of me after the Little 500 in 1977-
Our sponsor was Marathon Oil- I used to jokingly call it the Marathon Man photo, after the movie of the same name, where Dustin Hoffman is tortured by a sick Nazi perverted doctor who pulls his teeth out- I know by itself it sounds a little crazy- this was even years before the real war against me started.

years now into some pretty weird stuff, it's not much of a joke- that's part of what I was relating. A lot of these people saw me coming a long time ago and as I look back on my life, there's a lot of events and occurences I have to wonder about.

It's scarcely even politics for me at this point- it's lawless intimidation and as others go back home and blow their brains out- I just want the truth out there once in a while.

Attachments

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
In America, we have the right (or are supposed to) of free association. As a private organization, your "spandex" buddies don't want to a associate with you, not a big deal. I've managed to find my way under the bus on many occasions, just brush off the tire tracks and make new friends. Looks like you're still loved here!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
It's a PUBLIC FORUM- open to public participation and comment-

if I haven't breached the law, or the guidlines-

their action is PREDJUDICED and DISCRINATORY-

my spandex friends seem to want to bring back the segegated lunch counter don't they? Such has been the George W "War President" era for gay folk.

Things were not always so- I lived a number of years as a woman before this latest regression into mean ignorance.

I still have not gotten a response to my one simple query: "Why was I banned?"

So you really think this is somehow Rights in America?
It is such thinking that the Bill of Rights was written for.....

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Another way to look at it is, why would you want to be participate in such a forum? Walk away and find another, there's no shortage!

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Well Kat, I agree with you. They are nasty people and did you wrongly.

Be glad we aren't in some middle East kingdom.

Everyone here seems to get along fine with you.

Take to heart what Kerf says (at least this time)- just Kerfing you Kerf.........

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Kat, as everyone said why worry about the other forum. Kind of like being banned from your favorite bar, you just move on to your new favorite bar.

If you could find a cure for arrogance and ignorance, you could not possible live long enough to cure it all.
The folks on that forum feared what they can't understand and lashed out at it. So take your knowledge somewhere else where it is welcomed.

You are better off for being you than they are for bring them.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ah Kat. Just sucks. Vent, hoot and holler if it helps. I will be listening. You are amongst friends. I have always enjoyed your posts and thoughts.

Big hug my friend.

Please have your revenge by living long and happy

....or, we could all ride over there and kick their ass and ride away real fast. We got engines. snork

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I still haven't gotten a response to my one simple query about why I was banned- but I really know why

I was describing a long series activities by police departments, spanning years and in widespread locations across the country- Needles CA, Indiana, Florida-

very much similarly participated in and apparently for a hazing kind of amusement against me-

and the truth being revealed to others who may not be aware of the out of line liberties they've taken is more than a lot of people can handle-

as far as my understanding is- in the United States, the function of the police isn't supposed to be as an ever present bunch of guards. Toying with citizens just because they can isn't really in the job description.

Barring me from that site is just more gutless obnoxious juvenile behavior from people who can otherwise destroy the lives of any of us here-and make more money at it than the rest of us as time goes on it seems.

And especially so when such practices become common.

My degree in journalism compels me to say so.

Last edited:

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Aww, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Don't ya know that the spandex crowd doesn't go for motorized bikes anyhow?

It's a free internet and people will behave how they want. Ya know, it's quite possible that when you became transgendered, you ceased to represent the person they knew(as they see it)....their "role model" if you will, and the fact you also are into motorized bikes has also caused them to reject you. If that's the case...who cares! I'm sure that's not the only spandex site there is out there.

Another thing is that you're dealing with Indiana folk in the sporting world. They are going to be a lot rougher than say...California folk, if it is in fact a problem with your transgenderated whatever you call it. Once again, who cares!

You live in warm weather.....just fire up that bike of yours and go for a nice ride!

.wee.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
although i don't believe it's a good reason to be banned from a site, but it sounds like your post wasn't related to biking in any way.

in every forum i've been on (as well as every bar i've been in,) most political, religious, or any other controversial thread or conversation usually doesn't go over too well.

in a bar, you get in a fight over it, on the internet you get bullied by anonymous tough guys with words (or in your case, banned.)

my advice (to everyone, not just you) is to stick to the basic subjects of the forum. if it's about bikes, stick with bikes. even if you're in the "tavern" or whatever an off-topic sub-forum is called, it's best not to post controversial threads, unless you're fully prepared for the consequences, whether it's a difference of opinion, a harmless warning, or an outright banishment.

my other advice is, there's only a few hundred...million forums on the internet. i'm sure you can find a few where people ain't gonna care who or what you are. i mean, you found this one, right?:)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I listen to the Jim Rome show on the radio most days. It is a badge of honor to be "Blocked" by Jim Rome (he will no longer accept your text messages). Being blocked means you spoke your mind instead of voicing "Me too" opinions.
I suggest you consider your banishment as a badge of honor also.

heyscuba

Jan 19, 2011
st. louis, missouri
Kat,
the movie Breaking Away,...
tell me about it and it's association to you,...
where was it filmed and stuff like that,...
I have a strange bit of trivia about the movie,...
scuba

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
An eagle was out hunting when a flock of other birds being jealous started taunting him so he just spread out his wings and caught an updraft so high the other birds couldn't breath the air...that's what we gotta do just RISE above it!

Status
Not open for further replies.