Clutch Pin Problem ot of box - Need Help PLEASE!

GoldenMotor.com

tsa3333

Nov 11, 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana
CLUTCH PIN PROBLEM!?!?!?!?- Need Help PLEASE!

I bought this 66cc motor and set everything up on my bike the only problem is the clutch. I can not get the clutch pin to move at all. The only way i can engage and disengage the clutch is to tighten or loosen the "star nut" on the right side of the motor. The clutch arm and therefore clutch handle are useless and are not functioning properly. There IS a single ball bearing just inside of the pin on the left side. I am out of ideas! PLEASE HELP ME! DO I need to split the block??

Last edited:

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
So when you pull the clutch level, the clutch plate on the motor does not lift (you cannot free roll)?

A common problem with these engines is because they sit in a factory for so long, is the clutch plate gets stuck to the clutch pads. Is this the issue you're having?

tsa3333

Nov 11, 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana
When I pull the clutch the pin does not move at all. Its like the whole assembly is frozen. Have disassembled it to the clutch pads and 3 of them were stuck to the clutch plate now that i think about it...

So when you pull the clutch level, the clutch plate on the motor does not lift (you cannot free roll)?

A common problem with these engines is because they sit in a factory for so long, is the clutch plate gets stuck to the clutch pads. Is this the issue you're having?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you saying it should just release if i push on it hard enough?
You'll never push that pin in by hand. The spring behind it is too strong. In fact even with the clutch actuator cover installed and by using the arm the cable goes on, it will be hard to move but it can be done.
Lubricate the pin, bearing and cam inside the cover, reassemble everything you took apart on the right side and adjust as per the instructions from the link above. Install the cable so there is no slack when the handlebar lever is not depressed. This takes a little patients until you've done it a few times. If you've freed the stuck pads then you should now be able to disengage the clutch with the handlebar lever. Let us know what happens, please.
Tom

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Bikeguy Joe's right.you need to use a good Penetrating Oil to free thing's up in there.If you don't have PB Blaster WD-40 will work just fine!
I would also note if you do follow this advice!
"Do Not" spray any of this Penetrating Oil onto any of your friction surfaces,as it will glaze the pucks and ruin them!!
"First Thing" I would do is with your clutch cover off,is put some pressure on your clutch lever,not alot,rocking you bike forwards and backwards and gently tap on your clutch plate.If that doesn't work take more extreme measures."NOT WITH A HAMMER"Kip.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Remove all the clutch pucks, take some steel wool and clean it up. Metal parts only, rust is a problem if you live near the water.Put it together and adjust the clutch and off U go (c)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ever notice how many times this happens? A man comes here, asks a question and gets numerous replys then you never hear from him again. It would be nice if they'd at least come back with a 'thank you' or to tell us if our advice helped. Am I asking too much?
Tom

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Ever notice how many times this happens? A man comes here, asks a question and gets numerous replys then you never hear from him again. It would be nice if they'd at least come back with a 'thank you' or to tell us if our advice helped. Am I asking too much?
Tom
That chaps my butt also. It's getting to the point I'm tired of responding, it's like I'm doing it for nothing.
Check to make sure that the clutch guide holder (in the engine valley, just above the clutch) is not screwed in too far. This threaded holder can be tighten down too far and jam the clutch shaft.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Shame on you guys, It's not about thanking us for our expert advice. The Forum is about helping others not as experienced as we are to make their bikes work. I hope the ones that ask are out riding! When they run out of gas or something, Then we help them some more. So we are the best of the best, No need to brag rotfl (c)

tsa3333

Nov 11, 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana
I'm sorry I have not responded lately I have been very lately and havnt had time to get back to this project. I very much appreciate all of your help do not stop giving it JUST because someone does not respond. I know other people besides just the person that post the thread look at it. Again, thanks for all your help.