clutch arm

GoldenMotor.com

shoundog

Mar 11, 2010
Huntersville, NC
Got my engine (Gt2B SkyHawk) yesterday and stated my mock up. One thing I notice is that the clutch arm is sticking outward and free swings inward. Best way to explain is that if your sitting on the bike the arm is pointing outward (left) and swings inward towards the rear of the bike or if your looking at the clutch side of the engine the arm is pointing at you and swings to your right. I can not move it in the other direction or get it to move past the free swing it just flops thru a 45 deg ark. Is this right? I understand that the arm is suposed to push a pin in as you release the clutch leave on the handle bar but what ingages that pin?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The arm will move inward, towards the engine, if you push hard enough. New clutchs are often extremely hard to move but it will move. Wrap a rag around the arm and force it with your hand.
Inside the cover that the arm is attached to is a cam which is rotated by the arm. That cam engages the pin that protrudes from the center of the engine drive sprocket.
Tom