Huffy Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
My chain Rubs against my chain stay. I swear after time goes by its going to crack right there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my coaster brake hub made all kinds of noise, i switched it for a mountain bike wheel.
I switch my front fork for a mountainbike fork with shocks and caliper brakes.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
since i'm not really fond of this bike i just drilled a hole through the downtube for the front mount.

next one i build (already looking for another bike) will have a custom mount in the front.
i'll post pics when the sun comes out.

also the hard plastic protectors for mtn biking works great.
Im looking as well for another bike to start my second build. Im not sure if im going to sell my cranbrook or not. I might sell it as a MB or maybe just a bike. Thoughts anyone?!?!

I found some copper sheets in my garage and just zip tied it to the chain stay for now. I will see how it works once the storm passes.

I was really afraid of drilling the hole. I have herd some stories of the hole getting bigger after a while and the frame isn't going to be as strong.

Zenoptic

Nov 18, 2009
Knoxville,tn
Got some things for my Cranbrook today.

SBP and Pirate cycles has the fastest shipping~ Order filter sunday, shipped monday. Ordered intake monday~Much thanks to SBP & Pirate Cycles!!.wee.

Im thinking about saving the intake for my next build. I doesnt look like it will fit with the filter.
Sharp looking filter. your bike is looking great!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
Camlifter, that is one nice cranbrook. What did you do with the tank and how to do forks feel. Are they sturdy enough for 30mph.

Also to those with cranbrooks. I have a weird sound coming from the bike and im pretty sure its not the motor. Every-time i let off the gas and pull clutch in and brake it sounds like its my coaster breaks or something but it makes weird sound that is hard to describe. Just wondering if any others have had this indescribable sound.
the tank is fabed up from steel and welded into the bike, the forks feel great on it, nice and smooth, your not going to motor cross with them but on the street there nice. this bike does 40 mph and is super steady, has a lot of engine mods. there's a vid of it racing on our site, just click my sig and go to the vid section. only thing i don't like about the cranebrook is the coaster brake, but it wasn't made to stop from these kind of speeds anyway. i really need to add a front brake to the bike.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
the tank is fabed up from steel and welded into the bike, the forks feel great on it, nice and smooth, your not going to motor cross with them but on the street there nice. this bike does 40 mph and is super steady, has a lot of engine mods. there's a vid of it racing on our site, just click my sig and go to the vid section. only thing i don't like about the cranebrook is the coaster brake, but it wasn't made to stop from these kind of speeds anyway. i really need to add a front brake to the bike.
Where did you get your springer from. If I get one I want to get it from where you got it because I dont trust any others. Ive herd stories and I dont want dentures.

What engine mods have you done!?

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i got mine from chubbys cruisers, that bike has an expanison chamber pipe, it's been ported, the port timing changed and the jug milled to raise compression, carb slide has been modifided, needle sanded and rejetted. it tops out at 39-40 mph, has lots of low end pick up from raising the ports, i could probably drop down from the 44t sprocket to a smaller one and get more mph but i like the get up and go of the bigger sproket.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Keep it Tcams Thats a sweet build, and it never hurts to have two, one might break down right before you leave to work and you will need it, and its cool to have the choice of two bad ... bikes to ride!!!!

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I just cant wait for the holidays to come. Im gonna be stackin' Christmas cards from relatives. Thats when the check marks are gonna start hitting my list of goodies!!

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hi Guys! I see some asking about putting a springer fork on the front of a Cranbrook. I've got a Cranbrook Fashion Cruiser, yup, the green demon! Well, it WAS green. I put a springer on it and a few other mods. I got my springer from Bikebuyers. $40 and quick shipping. I like it.

The springer tube was a little longer than the tube on the frame. It was threaded down long enough that I could tighten up the bearings but I had some tube sticking out the top of the upper bearing nut. I cut down a 1-inch copper coupling and painted it black to match. Then put the upper nut on the top of the copper coupling with the washer. The handlebar stem goes all the way down into the tube between the bearings so it's not putting a lot of stress on the upper portion of the tube. No problems so far. Hope you like it.

Attachments

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
thats a sweat build wanabe, i plan on picking up a cranny when Tcams gets back from vacation, hope i can come up with something different like your build, you know something of my own style!!

davearoy

Apr 25, 2009
Lakeland, Florida
Hi Guys! I see some asking about putting a springer fork on the front of a Cranbrook. I've got a Cranbrook Fashion Cruiser, yup, the green demon! Well, it WAS green. I put a springer on it and a few other mods. I got my springer from Bikebuyers. $40 and quick shipping. I like it.

The springer tube was a little longer than the tube on the frame. It was threaded down long enough that I could tighten up the bearings but I had some tube sticking out the top of the upper bearing nut. I cut down a 1-inch copper coupling and painted it black to match. Then put the upper nut on the top of the copper coupling with the washer. The handlebar stem goes all the way down into the tube between the bearings so it's not putting a lot of stress on the upper portion of the tube. No problems so far. Hope you like it.

Wayyyyyyyyy to Kewl Andy!!! I love the bigger tank, and the muff redo. Very nice job my friend, you've got a ride to be proud of

Dave .shft.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Wow,like it alot! Did you mod the fenders?
I bought them on Ebay. They are basically the same fenders that are on some of the bikes that Wal-Mart sells at Walmart.com. I think one is called the Polaris. I bought them in black and only painted the outside (left the underside black) so it wouldn't show dirt as much and doesn't stand out like it would if it was painted red. Don't know if it makes much of a difference but I thought I'd give it a try. Some other little things that I did to make it different was to add an ignition key instead of using the kill switch, which will soon be my horn button.

Glad you like it.

Attachments

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Yeah andy, awesome bike... hard to believe it started as a cranbrook... seeing all the pics in this thread are helping me decide on a cranny for my 1st build!