Huffy Millenial 29" (first build)

GoldenMotor.com

theisaac

Sep 22, 2015
California
Hello guys. I just ordered a Huffy Millenial, which is pretty much a 29" Cranbrook (Cranny). I'm still debating whether I should do a 2 Stroke or a 4 stroke engine, but now leaning more to the famous 66cc 2 stroke "china girl". Although I also like the idea of a less noisy 4-stroke engine. I think that in the end I'll just get both and try each.

I'll post pictures of it tomorrow.

Jun 2, 2015
Marlton, New Jersey
I also have a Millennial. It works well with my 66/2stroke. I now have over 300 miles on her. One thing I would recommend is getting the rear sprocket adapter. Makes things a lot easier. This is a great forum for any questions you might have. Good luck with your new bike.
George

theisaac

Sep 22, 2015
California
I also have a Millennial. It works well with my 66/2stroke. I now have over 300 miles on her. One thing I would recommend is getting the rear sprocket adapter. Makes things a lot easier. This is a great forum for any questions you might have. Good luck with your new bike.
George
I don't know what a rear sprocket adapter is, so I googled it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHHRSjM2mKM
Is that what you mean?

Thanks!! I'm trying to gather as much knowledge as possible.

theisaac

Sep 22, 2015
California
I just received my bicycle. Still in the box. Will build it over the weekend.
From what I see. All the "kits" are basically the same engines but with different accesories/parts.
Is this correct?

I just noticed there's the Harbor Freight 79cc which seems more powerful but the engine is sold alone.
Apparently 66cc 2 stroke and 49cc 4 stroke engines aren't powerful enough to uphill without pedalling. Is this correct?

Jun 2, 2015
Marlton, New Jersey
No, my 66cc will fly up most hills. I weigh 165lbs with 40t sprocket. Check out DAX. They seem to have some of the best kits. The harbor freight engine is probably the same size as a China 66cc/80 anyway.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I've got one of those bikes too. But, I put 26" wheels on it because I already had them and the front is an electric hub motor.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The Chinese kits are actually as quiet as the 4 strokes with the stock muffler. The harbor freight motors are great but require a lot of engineering to adapt to a bicycle and probably not a good idea for a first build. The China motors vary substantially in power and make more than enough to make your bike go far faster than it should. Dax will get more recommendations on here than any shop/store and there is a reason, he will help you beyond the sale and his products are excellent. One of his 2 stroke kits is arguably the best way to get into this hobby you will find. The week point on your bike is the rear hub, I build on that hub all the time and you MUST disassemble it, check the shoe alignment and engagement contacts then FILL it with high temp automotive grease. Then it is a gem but without doing that it can be very dangerous. Also if it has fenders, remove them, they are also very dangerous. Take a look at some motorcycle fenders, unless you are building something comparable they will fail, jam your wheel and you can imagine what will be left of you and your bike. I do what Dax does but just for the local Tucson market and build performance motors and top ends for one of the online companies. I am more than happy to help with any questions or things you may need for your build just P.M. me I know those bikes very well and love them.
Happy Motoring!!!

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Oh yeah, you must add a hand brake. A BMX caliper style hand brake works excellent when properly set up, I add one to the front of all my Huffy builds and they work excellent.