Rt carb is sweet!!

GoldenMotor.com

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
Just got my rt carb from dax and it is amazing!! I had the stock carb at first and the engine was loud very shaky. When I put this carb on omg it was quiet very smooth and has some very powerful low end tourque. AMAZING!! very satisfied with my carb I suggest eerybody fork out the $30 and get one!!

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Did you have to rejet the carb at all, mine ran great when I put my RT on, and it ran even better I put a #65 filed open to about size #68. It really runs Awesome, with no 4stroking anywhere in the RPMs.

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
het whats it mean when my motor runs fine then it sounds like it skips a beat lets say for every1000 strokes it will go PEW whats it mean? and its kinda hard to pedal. and sometimes when i peddle good enough it will just turn over w/o letting go of the clutch

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Not reject, REJET. You change the main jet in the carb with a smaller one to make it run leaner. So normally when you lean out the carb, on the RT its done by changing the jet size. You can buy the jets from Dax for like 5$ or something like that, just make sure you get the jets with the right thread some are 6mm some are 5mm. And Clash, as for the PEW. I'm guessing your running rich. I had a CNS carb for a while and it would do that PEW sound when I would kill the engine or I'd let it idle then the engine would die then it'd go, PEW! Was kinda funny being able to do that every time I stopped the engine. Anyways I got the RT, put in a smaller jet and it has never happened since and it will idle till my tank runs dry. And also you said your bike is hard to peddle. That's a clutch that needs further adjusting, the clutch does not release all the way and its still grabbing the engine, once again I had a similar problem, my clutch did the same thing when I put on my current engine. It's something you may have to mess with for a while until its perfect, it took me about a half hour to get mine right. I adjusted mine till I could it wasn't grabbing when I'd pull in the clutch and made sure it wasn't slipping while ridding. Ride safe

Last edited:

roadstar05trent

Sep 10, 2011
tn
Just got my rt carb from dax and it is amazing!! I had the stock carb at first and the engine was loud very shaky. When I put this carb on omg it was quiet very smooth and has some very powerful low end tourque. AMAZING!! very satisfied with my carb I suggest eerybody fork out the $30 and get one!!
I put the RT on my bike, it is a lot better than what came with the motor, I've got the 60 jet in going to try bigger

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
yeah i changed the jet to 70 i think the letters were smeared so i couldnt tell there was 80 included too..and my clutch.. should I loosen the flower nut? so its not so hard to pedal?

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
The #70 should be close enough, you know if your not going for racing power, but it will work fine for commuting. And I would just try adjusting the clutch cable before messing with the flower nut, try tightening the cable more so it pulls in the clutch just a tad, but if it is the nut, look around you'll find some good advice on how to mess with the flower nut, if its needed.

Last edited:

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
I've never messed with a 50cc before but I'm guessing because the smaller size of the cylinder you'd probably have best luck with #65 or #60. Just a guess though.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Same reason why a 1 litre engine needs less gas then a 5 litre. The smaller your chamber the less fuel your gonna need. If you put the fuel/air mixture in a 1 litre form a 5 litre, it's obvious your engine isn't going to run right. It's the same idea with 49cc vs 66cc. More fuel for the bigger cylinder is needed to fill the chamber properly and so on.

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
More fuel? You mean fuel/air mixture right? The jet changes the mixture, not the total quantity of fuel that can go into the cylinder.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Yes fuel-air mixture. Both more fuel and air are added in, heres another example. 1litre uses 1 gallons of fuel and 15gallons of air on average, now with a 5litre your using say 4-5gallons of fuel and 45-55 gallons of air on average. You see what I'm saying now? I know that'sa big difference in engine size but even with the small changes between 49cc and 66cc theres quite a change in fuel/air mixture that's needed.

Last edited:

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
The mixture is the same for both... 14.7 parts air per 1 part gasoline, it's the amount of mixture that changes. And for THAT, you need a larger/smaller carburetor. If you rejet to supply 10:1, your engine will run terrible, 49cc or 66cc. Jetting changes the MIXTURE RATIO, not the total amount of mixture. The carb from a 1 litre probably wouldn't supply enough fuel to the 5litre, even with the largest jet available, simply because it can't flow enough through the carb throat. NOT because the jet isn't big enough...

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
What? A 1litre doesn't just use less gas than a 5litre, it also uses less air. The air:fuel ratio is still the same. A carb doesn't know what size the engine is, it just knows how much air is being drawn through and injects the amount of gas necessary. Carb size only matters if it's too small and can't flow enough to get the most out of the engine, or if it's too large and the air velocity is too low to create the vacuum required to make the carb work properly. Jetting is for varying air conditions, not engine size.

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Would going from a 78 jet to a 68 jet make a big noticeable difference... I got high idle and i cant get it to adjust no matter how much i mess with the idle screw... I sealed air leaks... Im at 400 ft asl....