I'm building a 79cc Predator engine build

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Honestly if you a good performance boost on the cheap pick up the 19mm manifold adapter they sell on this page
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=99cc
You can buy the 19mm Carb from them, but u can pick it up from eBay for half the price.

The slide means you don't have to use special throttle linkage and its meant for motorcycles, unlike the stock Carb that's meant for stationary situations and doesn't handle changes in agngle well when turning
Then with some tuning and a good exhaust the engine really wakes up.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Honestly if you a good performance boost on the cheap pick up the 19mm manifold adapter they sell on this page
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=99cc
You can buy the 19mm Carb from them, but u can pick it up from eBay for half the price.

The slide means you don't have to use special throttle linkage and its meant for motorcycles, unlike the stock Carb that's meant for stationary situations and doesn't handle changes in angle well when turning
Then with some tuning and a good exhaust the engine really wakes up.
I still have the stock carb on and made my own throttle linkage with a spoke from a dead bicycle wheel. It's all hooked up(remember, engine is not even on the bike yet, just prepping it..I disconnected the governor but didn't remove it....I'd like to remove it WITHOUT having to remove the flywheel and go through all of that...especially when I don't have the tools to do it. It wouldn't be logical to buy tools I will only use one time, once I use it I can't take it back. If you've seen Lynn's pred bikes, governor unhooked but present is that okay? or what if I were to hook it back up to my throttle...I'm not interested in hauling ass throughout the neighborhood, would like a top speed of 35-40mph MAX. I like cruising comfortably. I will definitely want to replace the exhaust...with the stock, I have to remove it just to get to the spark plug. I'll take pictures of what I've got so far.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Stock carb is okay, but due to EPA regulations they have no tunability

I highly recommend taking out the governor completely, that plastic gear can so some serious damage if it grenades inside our engine.
The only way to get those speeds is with like 11:1 or 12:1 spinning the motor around 6500-6900 rpm, which is the engines redline

Besides the impact (probaly get away with using a breaker bar) and a torque wrench (which is kinda needed with small engines) there really is no other special tools needed

I've done about 5 governor removals on these engines and I found a short cut.
Instead of taking part the whole thing, I just cut the black pedal that sticks out of the top and just let slide down inside the block. Then I follow the procedure on agk's website for removing the fly wheel, once u got that removed I just punch out the black pin on the side holding the governor gear. Just pop the side cover and remove the pedal and governor gear that fell in... While doing this u can plug the two new holes, I use bolts with permatex for insurance to plug em up.
Clean out any medal shavings or other stuff and put back together.
Not really to hard... I should make a video haha. I have another governor removal job coming up so I might do it then

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Stock carb is okay, but due to EPA regulations they have no tunability

I highly recommend taking out the governor completely, that plastic gear can so some serious damage if it grenades inside our engine.
The only way to get those speeds is with like 11:1 or 12:1 spinning the motor around 6500-6900 rpm, which is the engines redline

Besides the impact (probaly get away with using a breaker bar) and a torque wrench (which is kinda needed with small engines) there really is no other special tools needed

I've done about 5 governor removals on these engines and I found a short cut.
Instead of taking part the whole thing, I just cut the black pedal that sticks out of the top and just let slide down inside the block. Then I follow the procedure on agk's website for removing the fly wheel, once u got that removed I just punch out the black pin on the side holding the governor gear. Just pop the side cover and remove the pedal and governor gear that fell in... While doing this u can plug the two new holes, I use bolts with permatex for insurance to plug em up.
Clean out any medal shavings or other stuff and put back together.
Not really to hard... I should make a video haha. I have another governor removal job coming up so I might do it then
Haha, I'm not sure, I won't even ride full throttle, if it breaks.. it breaks, new one is $100 lol. I know a few people who have run these several months with the way my governor is(just disconnected) and it's been fine. That's just how I look at it. :p

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
To each his own.
I'm pretty sure one of these days your gonna go WOT and ride it like you stole it. Its pretty much the way I ride my bike since I don't get to ride it often now

And I actually enjoy taking apart these little engines, so simple to mess with haha

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
To each his own.
I'm pretty sure one of these days your gonna go WOT and ride it like you stole it. Its pretty much the way I ride my bike since I don't get to ride it often now

And I actually enjoy taking apart these little engines, so simple to mess with haha
Lol, not likely. I rarely even run the chinagirls full throttle :p

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
These engines are not like the China girls, they can take the abuse haha
I just clocked over 80 hours on my predator, besides the brake in they were all hard run hours.
Engine hasn't skipped a beat

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
These engines are not like the China girls, they can take the abuse haha
I just clocked over 80 hours on my predator, besides the brake in they were all hard run hours.
Engine hasn't skipped a beat
Let these predator engines prove that not EVERYTHING that comes from china is junk. :) These are some good quality engines, and there are also some decent quality HT motors that are good as well.