Problem mounting 80cc on Micargi Tahiti 26" Frame

GoldenMotor.com

Lawman44

Dec 25, 2013
New York
OK Micargi Bike owners help me out please. The front bar of the frame is curved out on the Micargi which causes the engine mount to be to far away. I guess on the Huffys and schwinns the front bar is a straight bar in which I believe these engines are dry fitted for.. Does anyone have a solution to this and pictures would be great. I am racking my brains and I am stuck at this step Thanks so much. Rory

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I had a similar issue with my Cranny build and used the mount kit that RunnerMike mentioned from SBP. There are a ton of different ways to orient the bracket and spacer combos to make it work.

When my frame cracked (at the seatpost, not the motor mount), on my new frame I just had a mount welded to the front. Only cost me $20 at a local exhaust shop and rock solid.

Lawman44

Dec 25, 2013
New York
Thanks to everyone that posted a reply it was very helpful. I believe I finally found a solution using an aftermarket offset bracket and the u-bolt. Will post a pic when mounted.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
OK Micargi Bike owners help me out please. The front bar of the frame is curved out on the Micargi which causes the engine mount to be to far away. I guess on the Huffys and schwinns the front bar is a straight bar in which I believe these engines are dry fitted for.. Does anyone have a solution to this and pictures would be great. I am racking my brains and I am stuck at this step Thanks so much. Rory
There are some good suggestions for mounts above. This was my answer when I ran in to that problem on my Schwinn...