Tell me what you think!!

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I have this image of how I want my new build to look, but things don't always go as planned. I'm really into how the Arlen Ness bikes look with the big (tall) front wheel, like this.....

http://image.hotbikeweb.com/f/featu...kp-1304-10-o+2011-street-road-glide+owner.jpg

I was wanting to go with a 29" wheel up front (I have plenty of room with my forks) and a 26" wheel in the back. I have found a good, strong 29" disc brake wheel for the front already. Also, I found a schwalbe big apple 29" tire. They also make it in 26" so I will have matching tires.

What do you guys think, honestly?

Thanks,

Mike

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I like that look......in fact, I've comtemplated using a 24" rear on my bike.

Keep us updated with pictures ---- you know we're a 'visual' bunch!! :D

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Yeah, I've got a 44 tooth sprocket now, but with a 24" and a 36 tooth, it should be about the same overall ratio.

Glad that dream'n is free!!

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
That does have style but there is some serious frame geometry in that pic. Look at the rake and fork angle used to get that low slung look. Looks like it may not handle real well?

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Go with a 24" read, but put a fat 3" wide tire on it. Then go with the 29" front.

You'd probably have to offset the motor a bit to get the chain to clear that fat tire, though.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have seen small, hard case saddlebags mounted on motorized bikes and it looked good. Finding something to use for a bat wing styled front fairing will be tougher. I have seen small motor scooter windshields mounted on motorized bikes. They attach to the mirror mounts. Motorcycle handle bars are usually the same dia as bicycles. so just use motorcycle levers (like the old klunker bicycles).

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks! I never thought of going with a 26/24 combo.....hmmm? But, it would look sweet with a big ole 29er up front!!!!!
Ya, 26" -24" looks cool...

but 29"-24" would look even cooler, just use a smaller rear sprocket so you don't loose your top speed.

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
Hey Mike, how is the bike coming along? Got any pics of it lately? How did the extensions come out?

Did you get the big front wheel?

Lets see some pics...

I know it is gonna be very nice.