Arrows exhaust muffler fell off

GoldenMotor.com

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Well this is a lil funny for me. Im running the torquer 2 expansion exhaust from arrows and its a nice exhaust, i like it. For me, performance wise, i cant really tell the difference between my modified stock exhaust and this but sure does look cool. Rather have this than my stock. Anyways i been riding around with it the past week so i think i put about 100 miles on this exhaust and today when i got home i noticed the muffler hanging a lil low and i noticed that the tip got so hot that the welds or whatever wasnt conecting lol so now its a pipe without the muffler. Looks cool, dont know how it sounds until i try tomorrow but im sure it will be loud as ****. I guess i can always reweld another tip onto the end. I have three different exhausts that i can chop and reweld, jus need to buy a welder and learn to weld lol. Anyways i just wanted to share what i experienced. i will add a photo tonight

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well this is a lil funny for me. Im running the torquer 2 expansion exhaust from arrows and its a nice exhaust, i like it. For me, performance wise, i cant really tell the difference between my modified stock exhaust and this but sure does look cool. Rather have this than my stock. Anyways i been riding around with it the past week so i think i put about 100 miles on this exhaust and today when i got home i noticed the muffler hanging a lil low and i noticed that the tip got so hot that the welds or whatever wasnt conecting lol so now its a pipe without the muffler. Looks cool, dont know how it sounds until i try tomorrow but im sure it will be loud as ****. I guess i can always reweld another tip onto the end. I have three different exhausts that i can chop and reweld, jus need to buy a welder and learn to weld lol. Anyways i just wanted to share what i experienced. i will add a photo tonight
Huh? There is not enough heat produced by these engines that can affect the welds. Please try to be more specific and pics are in order as I can't picture what you are trying to convey here.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Huh? There is not enough heat produced by these engines that can affect the welds. Please try to be more specific and pics are in order as I can't picture what you are trying to convey here.
welds is prob the wrong word but i had a brain fart earlier lol ill post up a picture later tonight. im not smashing arrows for any reason because i really do like their exhaust even though ive burned my calf twice so i want to put that out there.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Yup happened to a clients bike in the exact same way.... He put on the exhaust with poor clamping and it vibrated itself apart. I have ALWAYS mount my pipes in a special way;
Thick gauge (automotive stuff made to stand up to a fuel pump) rubber hosing hose clamped to the bike frame and then hose clamped to the the exhaust pipe. The tubing has to be tight! Just so that the pipe can flex a little (and expand as it heats up) but not vibrate. Optimal movement is about a quarter to a half an inch. But keep in mind that this movement only occurs when you press on the pipe pretty hard. 1000s of miles later and zero problems

as for fixing your pipe I just welded a stock (modified for speed) muffler to the end of the broken one I had

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
good point. i didnt really have a bracket whn I got this pipe and even if i did get one and i dont remember, the bracket wasnt made to go onto the seat so I had to improvise. i actually like the sound of this exhaust much better. Performance is still there but it is much louder and pops more when letting off the throttle