Torker Boardwalk

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Its hard to believe that those little engines work that good. Sounds like fun.
I think luck has something to do with it. Maybe 80/20. 80 luck, 20 instalation and proper break in/maintinence. I see countless posts of engines that do not go 30, and do not go 100 miles before exploding. 25 sounds and feels great, 30 starts to sound a little scary. I try to compare the sound with any other small two stroke at full rpm, and try not to go above what I think that should sound like :) I cant see speeds of 35 being very good for the engine for any extended period of time, with the stock gearing. I am now sure that I hit 35 on flat ground yesterday. We had an emergency at my work I had to go back for in a hurry, and I was passing traffic that is normally 30-35. Now, I want better front brakes.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Just an update, I'm still rockin out here. The electrical system has been working well, and Im somewhere around 350 miles in. my chainguard broke off, so now it has character, my other fender mount broke and I had to reinforce it like the other one. I've had no issues to speak of besides that so far. Passed a few cops and nobody has hassled me one bit (legal speed, legal road, legal bike)

Still need to look into better brakes, that coaster gets hot hot after a suburburban stopsign cruise, and the front is a toy on the painted rim. I have a buddy who thinks we can get disc on there without too much hassle.

If they have it this year, I'd like to enter in the thunderdrome race.

Last edited: