Vintagizing a motor with hot rod wires :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The frame its going in is at the body shop being modified. But HOPEFULLY SOON the motor will be residing in my new / old BTR convertable.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Actually the "convertable" bit is just with a quick swap of seat, seat post and handelbars it will go from BTR to gentelmans express motorcycle. Errr.. Motorbike.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
seriously what happened to the Pope BTR ? dude you got me GEECK'N to see something no one has done, Man I'm Bummed! but knowing you I'm sure it will get done Right & Tight

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Its off having the chainstays widened for clearence and the "oil pump" attachments welded on; as well as a second fuel spiggot ( fake ) for the Oil tank section of the fuel tank. Also, I have a Guyes seat being modified to sit really low, kind of like what Pat does on his fly'er bikes with flying buttresses. the motor mounts for the 2 smoke are getting chopped out and new motor mounts added for the 97cc flathead. Chill! It'll be OK :)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Sure would like to see some pic's finished or not but I have a feel'n yer gonna make us waite WAH! I'd like to see that Gyes Saddle too!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
! BACK TO THE MOTOR ! I have my jackshaft on and the catch can repair'd. The can is just an old PVC adheasive can with the brush removed and holes drilled in the cap to let gasses out. Also drilled for a 1/8 compression fitting. I took the plate the had the motor vent off and drilled it for a 1/8 brass compression fitting. For the copper tubing I sifted some paver sand and packed the tube after crimping one end. I think I packed it in too tight as the copper deformed more than I had hoped. But It got the job done. Forgot to mention I crimped both ends prior to bending.

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The tube for the can goes almost all the way to the bottem. lining the inside of the can is coarse steel wool to help trap the oil vapor. To drain the thing I put a tap and barb on the bottem to periodically drain the oil. A hand made L bracket is rivited to the side of the can and then bolted to the side of the motor where there were already some convinent holes :) giggity. The shroud on the jackshaft will be chrome plated locally.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dammnnnnn! Velo I know you lost some hair off the palm of your hands putt'n that together, That is far Freak'n Out Dude, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! you might try a couple of washers on top and bottom of nuts on the catch can so that the top of the canister lid does't bent so easy, but other wise DaMmmnnnn! BOY!!!